1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help on tire size for my lifted taco

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jamey, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Nov 21, 2014 at 4:27 AM
    jamey

jamey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mayport, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD Taco
    OME complete 3" lift with dakar leaf pack and AAL's Relentless fab sliders Uniden CB dynomat'd everything Focal 6" speakers 2 Kicker 10" subs JL Audio HD amp Kicker amp HID headlights LED lights in cab, bed of truck, and under hood. raptor lined bed sliders, and skids
    My truck has a complete OME 3" lift kit. can i fit 285x70 or 295x70 tires on here? Will they rub less than 33x12.50's due to being narrower?

2. Nov 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM
    TimPall13

TimPall13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Gresham Oregon
    Vehicle:
    3link SAS 02 SR5 Limited V6
    Lift: TrailGear 3link SAS with Fox 2.0 Coil overs in front. Custom Alcan Leafs with relocated Fox 2.0 shocks in rear. Sitting at 6in of lift. Armor: Relentless Fab Front bumper with home made hoops and Warn VR Evo 10s winch. Relentless Fab Rear bumper with swingout gate. Gears/Grip: 4.88 gears with ARB Air lockers front and rear. 35x12.5 Mickey Thimpson Baja Boss MTs on 17in Trail Ready Beadlock wheels. Lighting: 6000k 55w HID head lights in Retrofit Prejectors, KC Slim Light LEDs behind a Grillcraft grill and on CBI windshield mounts, And LED rock Lights. Performance: 6" deckplate mod, URD Crank Pulley, K&N air filter, ISR mod, and a AirRaid throttle body spacer, magnaflow muffler. Audio: Alpine speakers and sub running on a Alpine 5ch amp. All ran with Stinger wire kit, and a Pioneer AVH4100NEX DVD receiver. Extras: 15% Window Tint, Spray in bed liner, LineX coated factoey fender flares, Custom Roof rack/Track system, SoftTopper Canopy, Viair Dual 444c Onboard air with dual 2.5Gal tanks.
    hey Jamey,

I believe you will still need to do the pinch weld mod and trim the lower corner of bumper plastic. But if you have wheels with good offset you shouldnt rub on UCAs or frame. I run 305x70R16s (almost 33x12.5s) and i rub a little on frame only when turned to the max. A lot of guys run the 285s and like them! Hope this helps!

Tim

3. Nov 21, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    any tire over 32'' with rub. period.

you will have to bash the pinch weld and maybe trim some plastic.

the wider the tire, the more you'll cut from the fender and the further you'll have to push it out to keep from rubbing on the frame and UCA

Products Discussed in

To Top