Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

leaking front drive seal

Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
leaking front drive seal

just climbed under the truck today to take a look see after i pressure washed it yesterday.......................and i spotted a leak............friggin front passenger side drive seal. gonna take it in hopefully sometime this week........it should be covered under the warranty i bought.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well....little over a week later....they fixed my truck today..under warranty(well...kinda anyway)..........so now..no more leak. strange thing tho...........a few times braking on the way back home from the stealer...........when i would ease into the brake/even braking moderately....there felt like some crunching going on under there. now....i gotta take the wheel off and see if i can see anything. anyone got any ideas?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the brake caliper is loose....
Old 05-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Sounds like the brake caliper is loose....
im going to check it now......i'll let you know if i find anything bro!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
any luck?
Old 05-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsalmostfree View Post
any luck?
took my wheels off....pulled my pads and cleaned them off...cleaned the dust channel out, and checked all the bolts....nothing outta the ordinary. i'll drive it tomorrow and see if it acts any different.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
You are a MOD- Doesn't this stuff magically fix it self if you are a TW mod??
wishful thinking bro.