Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

01-04 Leather Seats ???

Old 04-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
stikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura about

stikkimikki87's Tacoma Gallery
01-04 Leather Seats ???

Does anyone know where to get these? Like if i watched ebay or something would i ever see them? I have never seen a tacoma with leather but i read on another thread that some one had leather! I want leather!

I was planning on ordering some leather/suede Corribeaus (spelling?) but if i could get Toyota seats that would be better

Thanks
Old 04-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikkimikki87 View Post
Does anyone know where to get these? Like if i watched ebay or something would i ever see them? I have never seen a tacoma with leather but i read on another thread that some one had leather! I want leather!

I was planning on ordering some leather/suede Corribeaus (spelling?) but if i could get Toyota seats that would be better

Thanks

i have NO idea where to acquire them...but i saw a small handful of 01-04s with leather back in 05 when i was truck shopping
Old 04-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
im interested in this too. is it just me or are the stock cloth seats very uncomfortable after driving for a long time?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I know a few DYI kits but I havent seen any factory seats
Old 04-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
stikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura about

well i have have an 03 and now an 02, the seats in the 03 were CRAP. They were super uncomfortable. But the truck i have now has really nice cloth seats, way better than the 03 had but its still no match for leather.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #6
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
im interested too....if i could find some i would buy the hell outta them
Old 04-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Leather was an option on 01-04 Tacoma Limiteds. I have never seen one, though. Try a local upholstery shop. or http://www.katzkin.com/main.html
Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #8

i guess i could get a set of stock seats and have them recovered. Then swap them in to the truck, i am NOT leaving my truck at their shop lol
Old 04-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Leather was an option on 01-04 Tacoma Limiteds. I have never seen one, though. Try a local upholstery shop. or http://www.katzkin.com/main.html
Well, no ...

Leather seats were never a factory option on the 1995.5 - 2004 Tacomas, not even with any of the factory trim packages.

Some dealers offered leather upholstery as a trim accessory at the point of sale (done locally, not from the factory).

If I'm not mistaken, one or more of the regional 'special edition' Tacomas of that period (usually in Gulf States or Southeast regions) included leather, but this also would have been added at the port or dealership.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #10
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
Well, no ...

Leather seats were never a factory option on the 1995.5 - 2004 Tacomas, not even with any of the factory trim packages.

Some dealers offered leather upholstery as a trim accessory at the point of sale (done locally, not from the factory).

If I'm not mistaken, one or more of the regional 'special edition' Tacomas of that period (usually in Gulf States or Southeast regions) included leather, but this also would have been added at the port or dealership.
I stand corrected.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
im interested in this too. is it just me or are the stock cloth seats very uncomfortable after driving for a long time?
Me too! And yes the stockers are a little uncomfy after a few hours...
Old 04-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
jbordwine is on a distinguished road
jbordwine's Tacoma Gallery
My 03 DC has leather front and rear. The window sticker has leather interior listed, it looks factory, even the door fabric is leather. I find them really comfy but the driver side seat is starting to tear at the seams.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
orieo is on a distinguished road

orieo's Tacoma Gallery
Post some pics of it!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
My 02 had leather seats. To the best of my knowledge it was dealer installed or aftermarket.

There was a thread on TW where I had posted the company name. The front seats and the door inserts were gray leather. The rear jump seats (xtra cab) were cloth.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #15
ArkTacomaFan is on a distinguished road

ArkTacomaFan's Tacoma Gallery
I have leather in my 03 SR5 TRD.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #16
ArkTacomaFan is on a distinguished road

ArkTacomaFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbordwine View Post
My 03 DC has leather front and rear. The window sticker has leather interior listed, it looks factory, even the door fabric is leather. I find them really comfy but the driver side seat is starting to tear at the seams.
My 03 is the exact same way. I haven't had any problems with it starting to tear yet, but I just bought it in February though.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #17
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
Leather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter! Why would you want it other than to look cool for having leather seats? I have a Limited DoubleCab with cloth seats and love it. I would hate to have leather in my truck.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:17 AM   #18
jbordwine is on a distinguished road
jbordwine's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, I'm the opposite, this is the first truck I've had with leather and would really hate to go back to cloth. I do a lot of ww kayaking and love it because I can jump in wet if I need to and it doesnt soak up the water like cloth. Its also great when the kids make a mess!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
viperbluelx is on a distinguished road
viperbluelx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbordwine View Post
Hmmm, I'm the opposite, this is the first truck I've had with leather and would really hate to go back to cloth. I do a lot of ww kayaking and love it because I can jump in wet if I need to and it doesnt soak up the water like cloth. Its also great when the kids make a mess!
X2
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #20
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
There is a local shop that re-worked the front seats a in 4Runner that I used to detail on a regular basis. They were amazing... 2 tone tan leather, and they even changed the padding in the seat. They were 10 times more comfortable than the stock seats.

I think he paid about $1,200 to have them redone.