Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

suspension lift or body lift which is easiet to install?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
1999 Taco TRD xtracab 3.4 V6 4x4
1999tacotrd is on a distinguished road
1999tacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
suspension lift or body lift which is easiet to install?

Hi im thinking of just going with a 3" suspension lift but would i be able to run bigger tires? if so what would be the highest i could use maybe like 35's or is that to big?

Or should i do a body lift?

money is not really a issue here so what would u recomend? is ebay kits good or junk im doing it for show and not really for extreme off roading
Old 04-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Get the ultimate lift kit from toy tech. You DEFINITELY want a suspension, not body. Whatever you choose, get a good set of coilovers and an AAL for the rear
Old 04-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
If money isnt really an issue, go with a good set of coilovers, some rear shocks and a set of deaver rear leaf springs, throw some Total chaos upper control arms and your set
Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4x4858 View Post
If money isnt really an issue, go with a good set of coilovers, some rear shocks and a set of deaver rear leaf springs, throw some Total chaos upper control arms and your set
Ya I am wonder to what extent money is a nonissue
Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
1999 Taco TRD xtracab 3.4 V6 4x4
1999tacotrd is on a distinguished road
1999tacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
Hi do u guys have any links to the products i need to get? and it all comes as one or do i got to buy all kinda stuff.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Ya I am wonder to what extent money is a nonissue
Its a Non issue as long as the Wife doesnt know....
Old 05-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
shane is on a distinguished road
Name: shane
shane's Tacoma Gallery
if i do a 3" body lifts with hockey pucks do i have to lengthen my steering shaft at all or will it all fit without having to touch anything ??? need to know asap

thanks
Old 05-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
if i do a 3" body lifts with hockey pucks do i have to lengthen my steering shaft at all or will it all fit without having to touch anything ??? need to know asap

thanks
Troll?
INB4 body lift hate

(I hate them too...just as much as everybody else if not more)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
jblair is on a distinguished road

jblair's Tacoma Gallery
just don't do it. problem solved.

if you want to lift it, especially 3 inches, get an aal and coilovers. looks better, safer, and better all around.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999tacotrd View Post
Hi do u guys have any links to the products i need to get? and it all comes as one or do i got to buy all kinda stuff.
Well that kinda depends on what you want.
If you just want like a one stop shop, you can do something like this:
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/50906

That get's you a set of Fox Mid Travel Coilovers with RR, TC UCA, and Fox rear shocks with RR.

Only thing that kit doesn't come with would be rear lift. You can either do something simple like a AAL or something nice like a Deaver spring pack.

I'd say take a stroll through wheelers website and take a look at their different options as they offer some pretty good packages. http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoma.htm
Old 05-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Its a Non issue as long as the Wife doesnt know....
EXACTLY!!!!!!