Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need side view mirror bolt.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Bre2tSco2t is on a distinguished road

Bre2tSco2t's Tacoma Gallery
Need side view mirror bolt.

Need help with this side view mirror bolt.

I broke a bolt that holds my side view mirror on. The broken bolt is pictured for reference. I went to Toyota and they donít sell the bolt separately, just the nut. I went to two junk yards. Both refused to sell me the bolt, even though it screws out of the mirror. One of them told me that, they would not be able to sell the mirror without it. They wanted $50+ for the mirror.

So, I was hoping someone in TW could help. I would like to get two or three of these, in case I break another. I am willing to pay something for them and shipping to me.

Just for clarification, there are three of these on my mirror. The square end on the broken / right piece is used to screw this into the mirror itself. Down to the middle washer looking thing. Then the remaining threads is what goes on your door and a gold color nut with self attached washer bolts the mirror to the side of the truck. Under the plastic cap on the interior.

I would appreciate any help I can get on getting these.
Attached Thumbnails
Need side view mirror bolt.-image_044.jpg  
Old 04-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bugs Life View Post
ohh..you got a older tacoma sorry i dont think i can be of much help sorry :/
What did you have in mind? The reason I am asking is late yesterday afternoon, I was looking at the outside of a second gen and it looked very similar to a first gen as far as mounting is concerned. I plan on researching today and seeing whatís on the inside.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeyD View Post
hardware store! improvise! :]

One step beside (not ahead) of me. I was thinking of just how to do this. Looking at how it mounts and attaches, if not done right, my improvising my do more damage. The washer looking thing in the middle stops it from turning too far into the mirror. Thus not allowing the attachment to the truck from busting out the mirror. I am thinking a long bolt, two nuts, and a hacksaw. I am willing to try if nothing else can be found.