1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rough idle

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 4banging4slanging, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Dec 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    4banging4slanging

4banging4slanging [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma sr5 4x4 stock
    Bigger tires no lift
    I have a 99 Tacoma 2.7 it wouldn't start today then all of the sudden started drove to my buddy's house sprayed the motor off with dgreaser and went to drive home and it ran like crap hooked a code reader to my truck it shot back egr ,maf , fuel and number one random misfire I replaced all plugs and number 1 4 coil still nothing tried cleaning maf sensor and nothing when I give it gas it Boggs down and if I let up a little bit it clears up and kinda gets up and goes but still sounds like it's missing
    Need help asap please

2. Dec 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    frizzman

frizzman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 XCab 4x4 TRD/OR
    OME 2.5,Tundra 17s,Falken Wildpeak AT3W hitch w/ 7-pin, ARE cap, JVC HU w/BT, HID/LED lights
    did you cover the electronics when you sprayed the de-greaser and then washed it off? did you let it dry completely?

had an old ford that ran ok at idle but when I gave it gas it wanted to stall. changed the fuel filter cause it was clogged.

Products Discussed in

To Top