Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I got stuck. First time full-out truck extraction....

Old 04-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
Wheelin' the Great White North
trevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud oftrevthefatty has much to be proud of
trevthefatty's Tacoma Gallery
I got stuck. First time full-out truck extraction....

Went out looking for mud today.....and although I've done a fair bit of off-roading with my baby, today was the first time I actually got stuck in mud. (fighting with the snow is a constant battle in the winter here....)

I was out on some local Canadian farm lanes and with the spring time weather we found a trail that was just too muddy..... I had been in this area before during the winter when the swamp was all frozen....but this time of year creates lots of fun....
I had just bombed through a really swampy part when we decided to head back. I thought I had a good dry spot to turn around, but quickly dug myself deep in the mud. After trying to rock myself out a few times, I knew Ihad to crack out the gear.....just thought there might be a few souls interested in hearing the tale...
With my girlfriend in the drivers' seat, I squished through the mud and pounded in some steel bars with a post pounder. I rigged my Jack-All ( Canadian Hi-Lift ) to the bars with a tree strap and wrapped my 20ft pipeliner sling to my 2 front tow hooks. My first attempt was working....except the truck was just plowing into the mud instead of getting up ontop as my girlfriend applied some juice. I dug around the wheels and stuffed some branches underneath
and reset the steel bars and Jack-All. Second try we got the front wheels out of the ruts and on top of the sloppy muck. After that it was smooth pretty sailing....

I just like to demonstrate to other off-roaders how you don't have to have really expensive gear. My Jack-All, chain & slings are quite inexpensive but they can get you out of anything....My rig has no lift, no winch and stock bumpers and I am still a VERY capable vehicle. I mean, my truck doesn't have the capability of some of these great Tacomas you see on the web, but with the right gear, I feel completely confident....

just thought some fellow Tacoma lovers might enjoy reading this ....man I love this truck....
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
No pics? You should know better.

I concur with the stock Tacoma being very capable. Several people can attest to my truck being just fine on a course where lifted/locked and slider'd trucks should be.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Glad it worked out for you, I agree you don't need the best of the best you just need something.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Bre2tSco2t is on a distinguished road

Bre2tSco2t's Tacoma Gallery

The important part is that you had FUN!