Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

95 Tacoma seat belt driver's side seat reassembly problem

Old 12-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Butch Masters is on a distinguished road
Name: Butch
Butch Masters's Tacoma Gallery
95 Tacoma seat belt driver's side seat reassembly problem

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I just made for myself.
My seat belt replacement went fine in my 95 Tacoma ex.cab. I didn't mind taking the driver's seat out, but didn't realize I'd have to take it apart just to replace the double seat belt on the driver's side which had disintegrated from normal use (I swear).
Upon reassembly of the seat I noticed I must have missed something having to do with the mechanism that moved the back of the seat so someone can get into the back seat. After reassembly- a couple of times I couldn't get the seat to flip forward or recline all the way.
I've done a bit of wrestling, but this seat is kicking my butt! Is there some obvious thing I'm overlooking?
Old 12-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
Butch Masters is on a distinguished road
Name: Butch
Butch Masters's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little more searching

and I figured it out. There is a central bar that runs between the two spring mechanisms on either side of the seat. The bar has flanges on both ends with little tabs and these tabs have to be secured into the main part of the adjuster because there is only a lever on the door side and with the bar securely engaged in the two tabs, the mechanism works just fine.
So with that and some new cuss words everything is back to normal.
In short...nevermind.
Butch.