1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust Help

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by HARDSHELLTACO, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Apr 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM
    HARDSHELLTACO

HARDSHELLTACO [OP] HoofHearted

Member:
    First Name:
    McLovin
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Anyone have magnaflow exhaust on 1st gen dbl cab v6 4x4. Found it for $373 shipped which seems like a good price.

2. Apr 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    It your truck do what you want, but why not just get the muffler? With a catback your paying for pipes you already have except there SS. I got my SS Magnaflow for $160 bucks installed and Iam very happy with it. just my .02

3. Apr 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    Dustin03

Dustin03 The Cooler King

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Expeditionary vehicle in training.
    Old Man Emu 2.5" lift, brush guard (about to be changed), grey-wire mod, custom bed mounts for 4 jerrycans, custom survival box, maglite mount, KC Dayliters.
    Ditto. If you take a look at your exhaust, the pipes on the 1st Gen are already pretty big, and they're manderel-bent. Unless you plan on getting into some serious engine upgrades, I don't think it's the best way to go.

Have you thought about just getting the muffler, and maybe a stainless tip? That gets you the sound and the looks for cheap.

4. Apr 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    HARDSHELLTACO

HARDSHELLTACO [OP] HoofHearted

Member:
    First Name:
    McLovin
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    I thought about that but my pipes as well as my muffler are rusted pretty bad. Looks like $h!t. I could put the cat back system on myself and not have to pay someone to do it.

Products Discussed in

To Top