Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

need advice, good story included

Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
need advice, good story included

ok well after school i went hunting for old civil war graves in the woods. im on a path been through 3 mudd holes no problem, i try to go through the 4th get stuck as hell halfway through. my bumpers were sunk in the mud, hell i couldnt open my doors, i was literally buried. i called 3 friends, a chevy 1500, ford f150 lariat edition, and a toyota tacoma, all lifted and modded. f1shitty got stuck in the first hole i made it through, so did the chevy, my friends taco pulled them out, f150 hooked up to my couldnt get me out and got stuck himself, taco mostly pulled him out and let the chevy do the rest, friends taco pulls me out no problem. as we are leavin f1shitty and chevy get stuck...again, we pull em out.

ok here is where i need advise, i need a new skid plate what are good types and brands, mine tore and warped off (metal too!)

also what kind of tires should i get with my 6" lift

and when do ya think ill be tryin this again?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Budbuilt skids
Old 04-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Bud Built skids
Old 04-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Bud Built skids
where can i get em?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
budbuilt skids................awesome as hell. as for tires.........get some good mud tires..........i like my mastercraft courser mt's just fine.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ECHO ECHo ECho Echo echo
Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #7

www.Budbuilt.com
Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
where can i get em?
google search for Budbuilt.com
Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
also now when ever the truck moves the rear pass side tire screachs/wails/squeeks sorta sound, could it just be mud or did i tear somethin up? other than that everythings dirty but fine
Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
also now when ever the truck moves the rear pass side tire screachs/wails/squeeks sorta sound, could it just be mud or did i tear somethin up? other than that everythings dirty but fine
check the dust cover behind the brake...it may have gotten tweaked into where it rubs the disc
Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

also make sure you clean everything out GOOD
Old 04-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
also make sure you clean everything out GOOD
yep......definitely go pressure wash the hell outta the whole truck......under,especially the fame and springs, and under the hood too.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

ESPECIALLY the alternator...but dont pressure wash that...just flush it good with running clean water
Old 04-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
can you pressure wash under the hood without damaging anything? hell ive been afraid to put the garden hose under the hood
Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i do
Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #16

Quote:
can you pressure wash under the hood without damaging anything? hell ive been afraid to put the garden hose under the hood
i always wash under my hood......and do it while the truck is running. i havent had any problems.

i also hit the alternator with the pressure washer, but i dont have it directly on it when i do so..................keep the nozzle away a bit, and spray it.......just a few quick blasts and let it dry a bit...repeat as necessary.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
i heard it damages alternators
Old 04-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
check the dust cover behind the brake...it may have gotten tweaked into where it rubs the disc
how would i fix that
Old 04-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
i heard it damages alternators
mud does........water...not so much. just dont submerge the alternator while it running.......a few blasts from the hose or pressure washer arent gonna hurt.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #20

Quote:
how would i fix that
you can bend it back with your hands...or a pair of pliers...its pretty thin.