1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new to trucks, clutch sticking and wheel wobbling

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by GerttyS, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Jan 7, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    GerttyS

GerttyS [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sierra
    Toledo Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD pckg 5 spd
    Two inch body lift
    I own a 04 Tacoma, 5 speed with a leveling kit. 93xxx miles, pavement princess

My clutch occasionally acts as if it is sticking to the floor, but will slowly let out instead of the usual kind of quick.
    May sound stupid, but I notice the sticking and than it will be back to normal, than it'll stick again.

Next is my front drivers side wheel. I can feel it have a slight wobble while being on smoothe pavement, and after increasing speed to 45mph & above I heart a faint whistle from the driver side also. All in all I'm wondering if I should waste the time with les Schwab or if its something little I can fix myself.

Remember I'm new to trucks, I've owned it for about 3 weeks. My grandparents suggested being safe and not sorry about my wheel so I figured I could get some opinions. Thanks :)

2. Jan 7, 2015 at 6:33 AM
    GerttyS

GerttyS [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sierra
    Toledo Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD pckg 5 spd
    Two inch body lift
    To be more specific, at times my clutch does not want to fully disengage. It's not a constant all the time thing, but It's happend plenty of times for me to be a little concerned

3. Jan 7, 2015 at 8:40 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    The clutch issue is probably a worn out clutch master cylinder. Inexpensive part that can be purchased at any auto shop. I don't think there is much of an advantage in getting an OEM part that would be much more expensive. These are easy to replace for most 'weekend mechanics'.

For the wheel, one possibility is loose lug nuts. You could easily check that out. Maybe they have worked their way loose. Happened to me once while on the road, and by the time I got home to check it, the lugs had backed halfway off, and basically destroyed the studs. :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top