Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Very bouncy ride and bad vibes! Need some advice!!!

Old 01-08-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
Tacofocker is on a distinguished road
Name: Raz
Tacofocker's Tacoma Gallery
Very bouncy ride and bad vibes! Need some advice!!!

ok so I installed the eibach/5100 and I did a Procomp 2 inch Add A Leaf to the rear so I got the 3 inches of lift I wanted but damn its bouncy and I get bad vibes when im between 50-70mph! I have the 5100s on the top notch of the 3 on the billys I was wondering if that was correct im pretty new to suspension so Im seeking your help to see if I should get other coils to make the ride a little better or am I doing something wrong, should I move the notches? because I know the eibach are for heavier loads and its making the front extremely stiff. any input is appreciated! thank you.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think with Eibach the 5100s should only be put at the bottom notch or the second notch from the bottom, which would explain the front end ride sucking.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:33 AM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
You put the billies on the top groove w/eibachs ?? No wonder it rides like shit, big "no-no" ...If we're talking about the 3" eibachs (I'm assuming)

& how the hell did you get the spring to compress ? must've been a bitch get the adjustment clip to the bottom & try again most if not all your issues will go away
Old 01-08-2015, 12:47 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
You put the billies on the top groove w/eibachs ?? No wonder it rides like shit, big "no-no" ...If we're talking about the 3" eibachs (I'm assuming)

& how the hell did you get the spring to compress ? must've been a bitch get the adjustment clip to the bottom & try again most if not all your issues will go away
Yeah damn that would explain a lot haha and they are the 3 inch because it was a bitch to get them on! thanks guys im gonna do that first thing tomorrow after work! and will I still get the 3 inches of lift when I move the notches down? thanks again
Old 01-08-2015, 01:03 AM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacofocker View Post
Yeah damn that would explain a lot haha and they are the 3 inch because it was a bitch to get them on! thanks guys im gonna do that first thing tomorrow after work! and will I still get the 3 inches of lift when I move the notches down? thanks again

yep , thats what a lift coil does....
Old 01-08-2015, 01:21 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
yep , thats what a lift coil does....
Alright cool so I don't have to put a spacer or preload them once I put them on the bottom notch?
Old 01-08-2015, 01:24 AM   #7
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
The bottom notch is 0" of preload "lift", so all the lift will be from the coil spring. If you put it on the second notch, it's approx. .85" of preload "lift", which is the most recommended with the Eibach springs.

I'd set it on the bottom notch (0") and let it roll.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeRunner View Post
The bottom notch is 0" of preload "lift", so all the lift will be from the coil spring. If you put it on the second notch, it's approx. .85" of preload "lift", which is the most recommended with the Eibach springs.

I'd set it on the bottom notch (0") and let it roll.
Alright AWESOME! thanks man you guys helped a lot ill let you know how It goes tomorrow!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:52 AM   #9
c3 rolling is on a distinguished road
c3 rolling's Tacoma Gallery
Dude yea put the notch all the way at the bottom. You will get a full 3" lift at the bottom notch/"0" setting. I got over 2 inches at the bottom notch on my 5100's with OME 881 springs which give less lift than Eibachs. Careful when you remove the spring, that sucker must be under insane pressure.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:54 AM   #10
Sicyota04 is on a distinguished road
Sicyota04's Tacoma Gallery
I have my 5100's on the 2nd setting with Eibach 3" coil springs. But my Tacoma is a Double Cab. I checked with ToyTec which is where I purchased all my suspension components from & they said with Double cabs to put those 5100's on the 2nd setting. My front end sits just a little higher than the rear. Where I have a 2" Pro comp AAL. Not sure if you have a Double cab or not, I also have Camburg UCA'S which heloed a lot with the geometry
Old 01-09-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
With the Eibach springs the 5100's should be nowhere but the bottom notch. If you are using stock springs then the middle notch would be fine. The Eibach coils not only have a much higher spring rate than stock, but they are longer. You do not need to pre-load them by setting the 5100's at anything other than the bottom notch. Doing so creates extreme suspension angles that even with aftermarket UCA's would not be good for drive-ability let alone durability/ longevity of ball joints.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:28 AM   #12
alright guys so I moved the notch to the bottom and WOW the ride is amazing! Thanks to all of you for the advice! its all good besides the vibrations from the back
Old 01-10-2015, 01:43 AM   #13
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
When I first had my Bilsteins installed with OME 885s, my idiot mechanic put them at the 3 highest setting after I told him the bottom setting and him calling to confirm the setting because "you cali guys like that high front end baja look, right?" And then said "drive on it for a day and see how you like it, if not I'll fix it" Annnnnnnd I drove it a block home, immediately parked and called DSMS who said NOOOOOOPPPEEE, that's how you break stuff lol. Front end was so bouncy and jiggly, it was fun for like 2 minutes and then I started thinking about breaking coils and other stuff. He fixed it a week later, as that was the soonest he could fit me in, expletive deleted.