1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front end accident. Repair follow up with alignment tabs and more.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by NightProwler, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Jan 29, 2015 at 10:50 PM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Yeah I figured as much. Well likebo said, they did a pretty darn good job overall. And yeah I was joking with them about the rats nest of wiring I have done in there. I'm pretty satisified except for the valance. I understand there'll be some fitment issues with certain cosmetics especially with all aftermarket. And After a wreck. And like I said as well, I'll just be ordering a new valance and redo it. $50 isn't too bad. I thought it would be a lot more expensive for that part.

As far as the tire rubbing, it did before, but I had to do the pinch weld mod and trim the plastics. And beat in the little bottom back part of the fender. the little lip that goes underneath right where the pinch weld is. That is what was rubbing so bad. And I've got camburg upper control arms so I think the caster just needs adjusted forward or something like that. Idk for sure how that works but from what I've heard that kinda needs done to help. I do remember that it stated in the instructions to adjust it when installing the uca's.

2. Jan 30, 2015 at 2:36 PM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Yep the insurance adjuster told me he saw the alignment and it was pit to stock specs. Can anyone help who knows about the camburgs, what to tell the techs to adjust it to? I'll probly create a new thread, but figured I'd ask here too.. I doubt I'm gonna find the instructions I had.

Products Discussed in

To Top