Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Chrome or black wheels?

View Poll Results: Which Moto metal 955 wheel?
Chrome 105 18.26%
Black 470 81.74%
Voters: 575. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Slick8810 has a spectacular aura aboutSlick8810 has a spectacular aura about
Slick8810's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome or black wheels?

I am getting new wheels and was wondering which color choice you guys think would look best with my tan truck. im going with moto metal 955 17x9 and am wondering if chrome or black wheels would look best. im thinking chrome but wanted your opinions. Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with you. Chrome.

Not a huge fan of blackout.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
i like black wheels! i would love to get another set of wheels & either paint them black, or powder coat them!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
AZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud of
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
A few years back chrome was in style. Now it's black. I think a good looking wheel looks good in eighter chrome or black. And they always go with whatever color truck you have. I had solid black FJs. Swaped them last week for silver/black 957s.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Its your truck you should choose what YOU like!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Get something with a little of both
Old 05-02-2009, 04:44 AM   #9
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Polished
Old 05-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
vwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the rough
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the 955's in black along with the toytec ultimate kit... The 955's are not really black because most of the finish is machined. It is a good combination of both but to each is own. On some cars/trucks I like black wheels, but cannot stand stock wheels painted black, chrome to me is ghetto, but like I said to each is own.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
Tacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the rough

Tacoma02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I say black, but the truck is yours, so pick what you want.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #12
Hillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of light

Hillbilly Zombi's Tacoma Gallery
Hello, Im a new member, waahooo!!
Anyways guys, Im looking to lift my truck just to get a more aggressive appearence and keep my tire size or maybe a bit bigger than my stock 265's. Im thinking the 2.5 ToyTec lift, any suggestion?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:51 AM   #13
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Black will look great with tan!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Black

Old 05-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Not all black, but mostly.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #16
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
Black is 10000000XXXX easier to maintain, if u let chrome get away from you they look like shit and get tarnished and shity
Old 05-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #17
deadazleep is on a distinguished road
deadazleep's Tacoma Gallery
i'ld go black, chrome just doesnt pop like black would on a tan truck.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #18
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Zombi View Post
Hello, Im a new member, waahooo!!
Anyways guys, Im looking to lift my truck just to get a more aggressive appearence and keep my tire size or maybe a bit bigger than my stock 265's. Im thinking the 2.5 ToyTec lift, any suggestion?
What did you use on your fender flares...............they look great!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
Chrome's for Harleys and old farts
ChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enoughChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
ChrisYoTaCoMa's Tacoma Gallery
BLACK!!!! I really do not like chrome at all anywhere anytime. But it is all in what you like most. I like the wheels with the aluminum rim and black center, that is what I am going to get for mine.