Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen CHIPPING PAINT!!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
bhtyler10 is on a distinguished road

bhtyler10's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 1st gen CHIPPING PAINT!!

THe beating on my 01 taco is taking its toll. I treat it well other than the fairly often mudding then following pressure washing which I think is what chipped the paint.
There is a chip of paint a bigger than a half dollar on my bed just below my pinstriping. I could peel even more off with my fingers if I wanted to. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you fix it? Touch up paint?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a couple of chips. They are very small i filled the chip in with touchup paint. Turned out fine
Old 05-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #4

[quote=fletch aka;573654]Keep the truck like this

nobody can see the chip.

Your truck is white, if you feel gutsy, pick up an airbrush kit and a pint of the touch-up paint from the dealer and have at it, or http://www.denttime.com/auto-paint-touch-up.htm[/quote]

haha that is my truck
Old 05-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
im also intresedt cuz i have a huge paint chip missing on the lower part of my tailgate and on my hood id like to get fixed
Attached Thumbnails
1st gen CHIPPING PAINT!!-100_0369.jpg   1st gen CHIPPING PAINT!!-100_0362.jpg  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
is it possible its a repaint?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
diver john is on a distinguished road
diver john's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same beef with my 03. If your truck is white, (or superwhite) you have a single layer paint ie. no clear coat. I have used alot of touch up paint so far. It is so far almost the only thing about this truck that I'm not satisfied with.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
trailinTaco is on a distinguished road

trailinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have that problem too my paint is flaking off on the window sill or under the belt molding on the passenger door.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
dubber is on a distinguished road
dubber's Tacoma Gallery
It really depends on if you care how it looks when it is done or you just want to protect it. With rust showing though you should sand it off first before repainting. I haven't had any chips as big as some of these but I normally use touch up paint and sand them down if there is some rust.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
id save up and do a repaint.....IMO
Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
id save up and do a repaint.....IMO
Thats what my plans are. I have heard good and bad about maaco paint jobs. What do yall think.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
dont go with maaco

theyre the cheapest for a reason
Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #13
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
dont go with maaco

theyre the cheapest for a reason

they only warranty there jobs for 3 months..... and thats about the time they start to muff up
Old 05-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
they only warranty there jobs for 3 months..... and thats about the time they start to muff up

my rear bumper was good for maybe a month

no warranty on it though

it had to be resprayed twice before i would even pay for the work...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #15

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
yea my buddy got his car done at macco after he hit a deer....the paint chipped bad like a week after his warranty expired....(3 months) i dont think i have ever heard of anybody with a macco paintjob that was satisfied.....correct me if im wrong.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #16

well unfourtunately my truck is at maaco now. I can't complain b/c my dad is paying. However I am doing a upper end package that includes clear coat and they guarrantee it under warranty for 4 years.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
If mine starts to chip... I guess I'll just have to trade it in on a 2nd Gen... Damn the the bad luck!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #18
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtyler10 View Post
well unfourtunately my truck is at maaco now. I can't complain b/c my dad is paying. However I am doing a upper end package that includes clear coat and they guarrantee it under warranty for 4 years.
how much and what color? if u dont mind me asking
i want to get mine done too
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
how much and what color? if u dont mind me asking
i want to get mine done too
I don't mind. mine was like 900. thats with new stickers and pin stripe and what not. I got it redone the same color (white)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtyler10 View Post
I don't mind. mine was like 900. thats with new stickers and pin stripe and what not. I got it redone the same color (white)
good deal man