1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing Amp, Deck, Speakers

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by vt2newmexico, May 1, 2009.

1. May 1, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    vt2newmexico

vt2newmexico [OP] New Member

Member:
    Portland, ME
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma '01 SR5 Ext. Cab
    I just bought an 01 Tacoma, and I love it. It's an awesome truck with many miles to go. Fits what I need to do perfectly.

I'm installing an Infinity amp, Infinity speakers and a new Pioneer deck. I'm pretty confident I will just pull the drivers seat out to mount the amp, and I have an idea of how to run the power line for the amp through a different hole in the fire wall than the speaker lines will go through.

However, I'm a little unsure about how to run the power/audio lines for the speakers from the amp through the little soft shell joint in the hinge of the door where the other wires go and out to the place where I will install the new speakers.

I'd appreciate any advice.

2. May 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    rpoint16

rpoint16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off-Road, Super White.
    Bone Stock
    I don't know much about the stereo stuff except I installed the PA-15 interface & love it!

You bought a GREAT truck!

Welcome to TW!

3. May 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    Run the speaker power wires from the amp to the back of the head unit (not connecting them, just to the location) and instead of having the speakers hooked up to the head unit splice the amp wires and speaker wires together there I have installed an amp in my 1st gen extra cab and this seems like the easiest way. I hope that makes sense.

4. May 3, 2009 at 10:00 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Thats what i did in mine however I am debating going back and just running the speakers wires all over again

5. May 3, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    kroggy

kroggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 3.4 4x4
    Grill Guard. PIAA 520's. And ...
    I was running crossover wires out into the kick panel and on the 02 the rubber boots pull out pretty easily (and install pretty easily, but that my be due to the fact I have small hands). I removed the boot from the body side of the joint, it came right out when back in with about the same difficulty.

As far as running the wires to the amp run them down the kickpanel and down to the wire channel under the plastic plate. If you follow the wires and the kickouts of wire that are already there it should get you close to where your going to mount your amp.

I'm also in the slow process of upgrading the system, have the amp (not installed) and speakers (installed) and waiting to get paid so I can pick up the sub and H/U. Pics of what you do would be awesome, it'll help me out.

Products Discussed in

To Top