LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installing Amp, Deck, Speakers

Old 05-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
vt2newmexico is on a distinguished road
vt2newmexico's Tacoma Gallery
Installing Amp, Deck, Speakers

I just bought an 01 Tacoma, and I love it. It's an awesome truck with many miles to go. Fits what I need to do perfectly.

I'm installing an Infinity amp, Infinity speakers and a new Pioneer deck. I'm pretty confident I will just pull the drivers seat out to mount the amp, and I have an idea of how to run the power line for the amp through a different hole in the fire wall than the speaker lines will go through.

However, I'm a little unsure about how to run the power/audio lines for the speakers from the amp through the little soft shell joint in the hinge of the door where the other wires go and out to the place where I will install the new speakers.

I'd appreciate any advice.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know much about the stereo stuff except I installed the PA-15 interface & love it!

You bought a GREAT truck!

Welcome to TW!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Run the speaker power wires from the amp to the back of the head unit (not connecting them, just to the location) and instead of having the speakers hooked up to the head unit splice the amp wires and speaker wires together there I have installed an amp in my 1st gen extra cab and this seems like the easiest way. I hope that makes sense.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Run the speaker power wires from the amp to the back of the head unit (not connecting them, just to the location) and instead of having the speakers hooked up to the head unit splice the amp wires and speaker wires together there I have installed an amp in my 1st gen extra cab and this seems like the easiest way. I hope that makes sense.
Thats what i did in mine however I am debating going back and just running the speakers wires all over again
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
I was running crossover wires out into the kick panel and on the 02 the rubber boots pull out pretty easily (and install pretty easily, but that my be due to the fact I have small hands). I removed the boot from the body side of the joint, it came right out when back in with about the same difficulty.

As far as running the wires to the amp run them down the kickpanel and down to the wire channel under the plastic plate. If you follow the wires and the kickouts of wire that are already there it should get you close to where your going to mount your amp.

I'm also in the slow process of upgrading the system, have the amp (not installed) and speakers (installed) and waiting to get paid so I can pick up the sub and H/U. Pics of what you do would be awesome, it'll help me out.