LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cornfed Lift 99.5-04

Old 05-02-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
jeff6001 is on a distinguished road
jeff6001's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Cornfed Lift 99.5-04

Ok so i was searching around for cheap lifts and came across this cornfed brand. It seems like a good deal and comes with more than i need. And on the plus side they give a group discount if you buy more than 1.

Buy 2 1995.5-2004 Tacoma 3” lift kits with DDK for regular and extended cabs only
2x-Taco-3" Kit with DDK
Uses 3" front spacer with Pro Comp rear aal, new longer Pro Comp rear shocks, differential drop kit, and the BPV bracket.
$500 for 2 ($250 per kit)

Buy 3 1995.5-2004 Tacoma 3” lift kits with DDK for regular and extended cabs only
3x-Taco-3" Kit with DDK
Uses 3" front spacer with Pro Comp rear aal, new longer Pro Comp rear shocks, differential drop kit, and the BPV bracket.
$705 for 3 ($235 per kit)

Has anybody bought from this site and if so how was it?? But if not does anybody want to get in a group buy?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
cornfed was one of the first companies out there to come out with a pre load coil spacer lift for our tacomas...

if you search on the older tacoma forum sites, you will find a bunch of complaints about their customer service and long delays on shipping...

since then, a lot of folks switched over to Toytec lifts, so don't know if Cornfed has had a chance to improve their customer service and shipping issues...

since the owner at the time was in the military, it seems like he simply ran out of time and that delayed their shipments... at least thats what i think i recall from a lot of the complaint threads...
Old 05-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
David makes a quality spacer lift. Hes in the Navy and in the past it was He and 1 of his buddies making the spacers in his off time. He has plenty of product now, and is a trusted guy to deal with.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #4
jeff6001 is on a distinguished road
jeff6001's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. Always good to ask the family first.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Dave's cornbred spacers have been around a L O N G time. In fact, they've been around longer than most of the lift kits available today. They've been around since 99 or earlier.

My husband and I helped install those spacers on atleast 20+ trucks in our own garage back in 99-01.

I don't have experience with the spacers myself but I know lots & lots of people who've installed them, wheeled with them, and didn't have any problems. Dave makes some good stuff and knows his tacomas.

I've wheeled with Dave a few times also. Great guy and a great product that's been tried & tested.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread but I may be with you if you (or anyone) still wants to purchase some.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to doing stuff to cars but how realistic is it for me to do this myself? (17 years old, mechanically inclined)
Alternately, how much would I be looking at to have it installed for me?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
I know this is an old thread but I may be with you if you (or anyone) still wants to purchase some.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to doing stuff to cars but how realistic is it for me to do this myself? (17 years old, mechanically inclined)
Alternately, how much would I be looking at to have it installed for me?
You can do most of it yourself.
Remove the entire coil assemblies from the truck and take it to a shop with a wall mounted coil compressor. I would NOT compress the coils yourself. The coils need to be extremely compressed more than usual to get the spacers in there.....

Have you researched other options?

Back in 2000 - Cornbred spacers were the HOT item because nothing else was available at that time. But now - there's a lot more available. The latest & greatest HOT item is the Bilstein 5100s adjustable coilover struts.

Not trying to take business away from Dave - but do some research and review your options of price, availability, ease of install, yadda yadda yadda.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever you find, I'm in on the group buy.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
Well all we need is 2 people. I'll make a new thread once I shoot him an email to get info on different things. Personally I want the Ranchero upgrade but dont need the diff drop.

I also want to make sure it fits 5lug vehicles.

MowTaco, do u want the same changes or a different set up?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think I may have said that a little prematurely. Because the truck is technically owned by my dad, when I brought it up I was met by a stern "NO". I'm really sorry I'll keep working on him.