1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cornfed Lift 99.5-04

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jeff6001, May 2, 2009.

1. May 2, 2009 at 7:41 AM
    jeff6001

jeff6001 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 trd prerunner
    Ok so i was searching around for cheap lifts and came across this cornfed brand. It seems like a good deal and comes with more than i need. And on the plus side they give a group discount if you buy more than 1.

Buy 2 1995.5-2004 Tacoma 3” lift kits with DDK for regular and extended cabs only
    2x-Taco-3" Kit with DDK
    Uses 3" front spacer with Pro Comp rear aal, new longer Pro Comp rear shocks, differential drop kit, and the BPV bracket.
    $500 for 2 ($250 per kit)

Buy 3 1995.5-2004 Tacoma 3” lift kits with DDK for regular and extended cabs only
    3x-Taco-3" Kit with DDK
    Uses 3" front spacer with Pro Comp rear aal, new longer Pro Comp rear shocks, differential drop kit, and the BPV bracket.
    $705 for 3 ($235 per kit)

Has anybody bought from this site and if so how was it?? But if not does anybody want to get in a group buy?

2. May 2, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    cornfed was one of the first companies out there to come out with a pre load coil spacer lift for our tacomas...

if you search on the older tacoma forum sites, you will find a bunch of complaints about their customer service and long delays on shipping...

since then, a lot of folks switched over to Toytec lifts, so don't know if Cornfed has had a chance to improve their customer service and shipping issues...

since the owner at the time was in the military, it seems like he simply ran out of time and that delayed their shipments... at least thats what i think i recall from a lot of the complaint threads...

3. May 2, 2009 at 9:13 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    David makes a quality spacer lift. Hes in the Navy and in the past it was He and 1 of his buddies making the spacers in his off time. He has plenty of product now, and is a trusted guy to deal with.

4. May 3, 2009 at 5:36 AM
    jeff6001

jeff6001 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 trd prerunner
    Thanks for the info. Always good to ask the family first.

5. May 3, 2009 at 7:17 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Dave's cornbred spacers have been around a L O N G time. In fact, they've been around longer than most of the lift kits available today. They've been around since 99 or earlier.

My husband and I helped install those spacers on atleast 20+ trucks in our own garage back in 99-01.

I don't have experience with the spacers myself but I know lots & lots of people who've installed them, wheeled with them, and didn't have any problems. Dave makes some good stuff and knows his tacomas.

I've wheeled with Dave a few times also. Great guy and a great product that's been tried & tested.

6. Nov 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    oofy15354

oofy15354 Proud Tundra *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Massachusetts
    Herculiner, Access Tonneau, Uniden cb, firestik antennae, Bosch Wipers, JVC Ipod headunit, Boston Acoustic Speakers
    I know this is an old thread but I may be with you if you (or anyone) still wants to purchase some.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to doing stuff to cars but how realistic is it for me to do this myself? (17 years old, mechanically inclined)
    Alternately, how much would I be looking at to have it installed for me?

7. Nov 20, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You can do most of it yourself.
    Remove the entire coil assemblies from the truck and take it to a shop with a wall mounted coil compressor. I would NOT compress the coils yourself. The coils need to be extremely compressed more than usual to get the spacers in there.....

Have you researched other options?

Back in 2000 - Cornbred spacers were the HOT item because nothing else was available at that time. But now - there's a lot more available. The latest & greatest HOT item is the Bilstein 5100s adjustable coilover struts.

Not trying to take business away from Dave - but do some research and review your options of price, availability, ease of install, yadda yadda yadda.

8. Nov 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Whatever you find, I'm in on the group buy.

9. Nov 22, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    oofy15354

oofy15354 Proud Tundra *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Massachusetts
    Herculiner, Access Tonneau, Uniden cb, firestik antennae, Bosch Wipers, JVC Ipod headunit, Boston Acoustic Speakers
    Well all we need is 2 people. I'll make a new thread once I shoot him an email to get info on different things. Personally I want the Ranchero upgrade but dont need the diff drop.

I also want to make sure it fits 5lug vehicles.

MowTaco, do u want the same changes or a different set up?

10. Nov 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I think I may have said that a little prematurely. Because the truck is technically owned by my dad, when I brought it up I was met by a stern "NO". I'm really sorry :( I'll keep working on him.

Products Discussed in

To Top