Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for suggestions for an expedition buildup

Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
thenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud of

thenrie's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for suggestions for an expedition buildup

I am finally starting to upgrade my pickup. My long-term goal is to make a good camping/hunting pickup that can get me there and back again, where ever "there" may be. I'm starting with the pickup you see on my post, a 2000 TRD, 2.7L, 5sp, 4wd, 4.30 diffs. I'm in the process of adding 2.5" of lift via new leaf packs and Bilstein 5100s. I'd love to hear your suggestions for equipment you would consider essential for such a truck and what you would consider as good equipment to have, but not essential. My ideas so far (to give you an idea of the price range I'm looking at for the build) include:

1) 33X12.50 tires on 15X10 rims (next on the menu)
2) Rear bumper, stout, but not overly heavy, sufficient to support accessories like gas/water cans, spare tire, compat with my receiver hitch.
3) ARB front bumper
4) 8000lb winch
5) cargo rack, something like a contractor's ladder/lumber rack, stout enough to also serve as roll-over protection as well as carry a canoe and other essential funtime gear, removeable.
6) On-board air
7) high-lift jack

Maybe down-the-road (once I retire and move back out west) stuff includes:
Extra gas tank
On-board welder
Straight axle swap and more lift/articulation
Lower gears, larger tires

What am I missing?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
sliders
Old 05-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.expeditionswest.com/
Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

also check out
http://www.expeditionportal.com/
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/
Old 05-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
thenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud of

thenrie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the links! That will help a bunch.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #6

thenrie's Tacoma Gallery
That Expeditions West 04 Tacoma is sweet. That's what I'm about!