1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Short circuit on turn signal

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 04yota, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    04yota

04yota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angelo
    Central New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab supercharged 5speed
    Hello guys, i have a short circuit on my left turn signal.Whenever i turn on my headlights or parking lights, my left turn signal stays on solid.

A little background: I installed projector lights which have been working excellent and haven't had issues with flickering or anything. However, last month i installed some PIAA off road lights and made the connection for the switch to the left side parking light. All has been working fine until today at the gas station. This problem started as soon as i turned the car on after filling up the tank. i do not think the issue is because of the gas pumping, yet i thought i would mention. Please help.... anybody

2. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:06 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    that doesn't sound like a short circuit. a short would mean the wire has become grounded, and the fuse would blow.

I'd say your first step should always be to check all of your fuses. use a voltage tester or a volt meter. a visual inspection isn't always good enough, plus a voltage tester is way faster than pulling every fuse.

explain what you did to install the piaas. you said "made the connection for the switch to the left side parking light"
    what do you mean by that? you get power to the switch from the left side parking light wire harness? or is that simply the 12v pos signal to a relay for the piaas?

3. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:22 PM
    04yota

04yota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angelo
    Central New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab supercharged 5speed
    Thanks Josh, i tapped the parking light to use as 12v for the PIAA switch. The relay is powered by the battery together with the lights itself. I followed the instructions in the PIAA manual, and everything has been working fine, until today

4. Feb 4, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    just found this thread again, sorry it took a while. so did you figure it out yet?

Products Discussed in

To Top