1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice with pickup purchase

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Slinky, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Jan 26, 2015 at 11:22 PM
    Slinky

Slinky [OP] Whatchu talkin bout willis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma
    Flowmaster 40 series muffler, Doug Thorley Headerd, MTX RTS10-04 10" sub, Boss Audio R1100M amp, Viper 3305V Alarm, 22" Digi-Diodes LED bar mounted on custom bumper, Camburg Long Travel up front with Fox 8" coilovers and 600# Eibach Coils 07-14-16
    Hey everybody. I recently totaled my truck. I am looking for a nice 1st gen tacoma or pickup for a project truck. The point of this thread isn't a WTB thread, but more of a 'Can I get some advice thread'. I'm not too familiar with the pickup suspension. I know of it a little bit from my stepbrothers '88 pickup, but I was wondering how hard it is to install a LT kit on an 89 yota. I have a buddy who would be willing to sell me his for around 1k and I'm wondering if it's worth the investment or if I should go with something a little more familiar like a first gen taco. Mind you, the yota for 1k is a pretty sound truck all around.

2. Jan 26, 2015 at 11:54 PM
    Artruck

Artruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 Super Basic
    My only thought is, did the 89 pick ups have torsion bar front suspension? I think the 4wds did, and I dont know if that makes a huge difference in what you are planning, but i think that would be a major difference when thinking about it or a first gen.

Products Discussed in

To Top