Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vehicle Report for 2004 Toyota Tacoma

Old 05-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Ben Warren is on a distinguished road
Ben Warren's Tacoma Gallery
Vehicle Report for 2004 Toyota Tacoma

I have listed the following results from my Toyota inspection report. Does anybody here have any advice or suggestions regarding this work on my own while buying the parts somewhere online??

Inspection Evalutation
Replace front windshield wiper
blades

Check brake/ clutch fluid level/condition Found brake fluid to bedirty/contaminated Perform brake system flush

Inspect air cleaner element Found air cleaner element to bedirty
Recommend replacing air filter element

Inspect ignition wires (spark plugs and
wires) Found worn out spark plugs Replace spark plugs

Inspect battery terminals/cables Found battery to be dirty and in
need of service Service battery

Inspect/measure front brake pads and
rotors 3MM or less Replace front brake pads and rotors
Inspect/measure rear brake linings and drums/rotors
• 3 MM or less (pads)
• Below minimum thickness
(shoes)
• Found rear brakes dirty/out of
adjustment
Clean and adjust rear brakes
Old 05-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Warren View Post
I have listed the following results from my Toyota inspection report. Does anybody here have any advice or suggestions regarding this work on my own while buying the parts somewhere online??

Inspection Evalutation
Replace front windshield wiper
blades

Check brake/ clutch fluid level/condition Found brake fluid to bedirty/contaminated Perform brake system flush

Inspect air cleaner element Found air cleaner element to bedirty
Recommend replacing air filter element

Inspect ignition wires (spark plugs and
wires) Found worn out spark plugs Replace spark plugs

Inspect battery terminals/cables Found battery to be dirty and in
need of service Service battery

Inspect/measure front brake pads and
rotors 3MM or less Replace front brake pads and rotors
Inspect/measure rear brake linings and drums/rotors
• 3 MM or less (pads)
• Below minimum thickness
(shoes)
• Found rear brakes dirty/out of
adjustment
Clean and adjust rear brakes
thanks for making the font bigger.....alot easier to read now.

welcome to tw!!

everything you have mentioned is really easy to do. for the brake fluid flush...i'd take it to a shop and have them do that. the rest.........you can do in a few hours with basic hand tools.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
man you have to be an engineer with the structure of that post!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
^ Agreed. You can get most of the stuff online too. Check out rockauto.com for very low prices on your parts like plugs and the like. When it comes to stuff like brakes I'd take it to the pros and have them do it, shouldn't be more than $100 for a flush and refill. I would do the steering fluid as well since it's there.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Ben Warren is on a distinguished road
Ben Warren's Tacoma Gallery
yeah and i cleaned it up a lot

sory about the confusing post. I just did a copy paste from my vehicle report so it was a lot more confusing so i actually cleaned it up a bit. But thank you for the advice.

Do you know where i could buy new brake bads and rotars for a good price?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
go here for great prices on brake pads and rotors........

http://raceshopper.com/index.shtml