Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Catalytic Converter Thieves

Old 05-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Keep it simple. Keep it positive.
bmxican is on a distinguished road

bmxican's Tacoma Gallery
Catalytic Converter Thieves

So saturday morning as Im about to warm up my truck and head to work..i start it..and BAM it sounds like open headers. someone stole my catalytic converter. and quite frankly, it pisses me the FU** off. Thats money for the lift i was about to purchase that i have to use to replace it now!! has this happened to anyone? I need to contact my insurance..im sure the deductable will be cheaper than replacing the darn thing. Im sticking with oem..or should i get one of those hi-flow cats? By the way, I got to work late =]
Old 05-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Stick with OEM. This has happened to numerous people, especially in SoCal.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Are you f'n serious?

That's the first time I've heard of that.
Holy crap. Makes you wanna kick some butt.

Man ... I'm pissed and it's not even my truck.

Hope they don't come back after you repair it. And if they do, I hope your there to kick the jack out while their under the truck.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #4

bmxican's Tacoma Gallery
right on ya cuz its direct bolt on.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #5

bmxican's Tacoma Gallery
im just gonna convince my pops to trade spots for the garage haha im sure he won't mind after this
Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Then get this
http://www.********.com/how.php
Old 05-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If it was just the rear 2 cats, it may be less expensixe to get an Doug Thorley Y pipe. Or have a local exhaust shop make a new pipe for ya.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #8

bmxican's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I shall look into this, thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #9

bmxican's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If it was just the rear 2 cats, it may be less expensixe to get an Doug Thorley Y pipe. Or have a local exhaust shop make a new pipe for ya.
I will check this out as well. thanks dude
Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #10
stanman9 will become famous soon enough
stanman9's Tacoma Gallery
its just f---ing rediculous that people are stealing cats. i mean seriously, what happened to treating others as you want to be treated. let me catch someone stealing my shit, actually its probably better that i don't catch them!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #11
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
careful..lots of exhaust shops wont do a cat delete, espically in CA where emissions are so strict.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
careful..lots of exhaust shops wont do a cat delete, espically in CA where emissions are so strict.
Fortunately for him, the thief alrerady did the "Cat Delete".
Old 05-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
That's F'kup
Damn scumbags trash a guys truck for a couple bucks of scrap.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #14

bmxican's Tacoma Gallery
All i know is..my front neighbor just got his stolen out of his t100 as well.. AHH!! It wouldve been awesome if i had a train horn setup underneath hooked up to an alarm system and went off when the guy/girl(who am i to judge) was unscrewing things. Now that wouldve kicked ass. Nevertheless, im sticking with OEM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #15
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
how many cats do the 1st gen have? are 1st gen cats easier to take off than 2nd gen? i have a trd prerunner v6 and don't these have like 4 cats?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
how many cats do the 1st gen have? are 1st gen cats easier to take off than 2nd gen? i have a trd prerunner v6 and don't these have like 4 cats?
I think yours has 3. 2 on the exhaust manifolds, and 1 after the Y pipe.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #17
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
someone did that to my 88' yota pick up I was pissed as F*#k - I still dorve it around everyone said it sounded like a damn airplane! straight piped it and didn't give a shit about who told me other wise! but i feel your pain bro
Old 05-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #18

bmxican's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Isnt there a bit of platinum in these that make them desirable for theives?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Isnt there a bit of platinum in these that make them desirable for theives?
Yeah, but not alot.