1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ADD Does not engage-

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by hazmatkat, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Feb 1, 2015 at 1:53 PM
    hazmatkat

hazmatkat [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma V6 4x4
    Good afternoon folks

just joined, looking for few pointers here.

My 2003 Tacoma Double Cab V6 A/T 4wd will not shift from 2H to 4H or 4L. It has the push button/shift on the fly system. I have tried to shift from 2H to 4H and the dash light does not come on and there is not the typical audible click sound nor does the front end bind as it typically would if the 4H or 4L had engaged when making a turn to full lock in either direction.

I have double checked the fuse for this circuit and was hoping to troubleshoot the relay in hopes of pinning down the easy fix but I cannot figure out which relay is tied to the ADD circuit as there are no readily accessible relay box diagrams out on the web.

Can someone give me any good advice as to which relay is for the ADD and where it is located? and any additional good advice as to pin down this repair?

Expecting another foot of snow tonight/tomorrow- of all the times for the ADD to go down - sheesh
    Thanks guys!
    Kat

2. Feb 1, 2015 at 2:01 PM
    o0oSHADOWo0o

o0oSHADOWo0o Just lurking in the darkness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shadow
    Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just a few LEDs...
    FWIW, I'd like to help you out, unfortunately my ADD and my PTSD are preventing me from using my PC and HTML to answer your question even though my ACOD is urging me to. I'm really not trying to be an SOB but I guess you're just SOL until someone else has some info on this. :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top