Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Suspension squeak??

Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
bhtyler10 is on a distinguished road

bhtyler10's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension squeak??

my suspension squeaks in the back pretty bad. What is this from? Is it the loads of wheelin and muddin? It started mainly after I added the 3 in suspension stacked on my body lift. Any help?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Wash the springs with a presure washer at a car wash. get all the dirt out of them.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Wash the springs with a presure washer at a car wash. get all the dirt out of them.
Alright I'll try that out.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtyler10 View Post
Alright I'll try that out.
then...after that....spray them down with a good dry moly lube.......it repelss dirt and crap, so it may keep them a bit cleaner. its always good to pressure wash them after mudding tho.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
[eric] is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
[eric]'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtyler10 View Post
my suspension squeaks in the back pretty bad. What is this from? Is it the loads of wheelin and muddin? It started mainly after I added the 3 in suspension stacked on my body lift. Any help?

my truck starting sqeaking in the rear last week. i sprayed the contact points on the rear leaf springs down with some penatrating lube and 20 minutes later it was all better
Old 05-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by [eric] View Post
my truck starting sqeaking in the rear last week. i sprayed the contact points on the rear leaf springs down with some penatrating lube and 20 minutes later it was all better
What is an example of penatrating lube?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Mine has been doing this for awhile do ya'll think its maybe because the bushing are worn out?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucksucksnayota View Post
Mine has been doing this for awhile do ya'll think its maybe because the bushing are worn out?
more than likely just some dirt in the leaves.... I like to get them flexed on some ramps then spray em.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
more than likely just some dirt in the leaves.... I like to get them flexed on some ramps then spray em.
just tried it with white lithium grease

it stopped...mostly, ill get it good on the weekend
Old 05-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Thats a dam good idea!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thats a dam good idea!