First off, this forum is great. Lots of great advice and information. ty
There are a couple things I'd like to ask you guys regarding susp upgrades.
My truck is due for a new suspension (broken leaf, original shocks 141,000m etc) I really want to get as much done as possible. I'd like to accommodate a lift (up to 3") while replacing these parts but with my 265 tires, I'm not sure if that would look the greatest.
I have been contemplating the OME full suspension package at wheelersoffroad.com and feel reasonably good about it. I'd do the Toytech Ultimate package if I could afford it but I can't.
- The OME front coil and springs are not adjustable therefore, I'll have to install the "10mm enhancement kit" or some spacers to level it off?
- Is it safe to say that if I add spacers, I should go pre-loaded as opposed to the top-loaded route?
- Does having an unadjustable front suspension limit what I can modify down the road (new front bumper, winch, bigger tires 285+)?? I can see myself adding weight to the front with either a new bumper or a bush bar. That being said, the 882 OME coils would be a better bet?
- Anything I should know about the OME shocks(N91s and N85's VS other options)? I couldn't find too much information on this.
Things I use my Tacoma for:
- hauling weight periodically. I'll be moving around a lot in the next two years and I plan on getting a canopy very soon (picture a canoe on top too!)
- off roading definietly but nothing much more that some mudding and minor crawling. (doing the diff. drop btw)
- highway driving
- looks of course and,
I hope this helps and I'd love to get some feedback. Fortunately, I have to get this job done soon for I am moving again in two weeks!