Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4x4 Light stays on

Old 02-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
AKsavanaman is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
AKsavanaman's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 Light stays on

So I did a search on this that suggested checking the fuse and replacing the switch... both of which I have done but hasn't fixed the problem. The actual engagement and functioning of the tcase is fine, 2wd 4wd and 4lo work as they should.. but the light just stays on. Any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
Coast Guard:
No takers on this one huh? Well, while I was down there replacing the 4x4 switch (which I found to be oddly located on the transmission and not the Tcase) I did notice a switch on the right side of the Tcase as well that seems to be held in place with 4 phillips head screws and a 12mm bolt... what is this a sensor/switch for?

Short of actually testing the wiring to see if I've got a short that may be causing my faulty 4x4 light I'm not sure where to look next.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #3
Mud Slinger
Fernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
Fernando's Tacoma Gallery
I have a brand new 4x4 switch if you need one. I purchased it from Toyota and when I figured that the switch wasn't my issue they would not take it back because it is "electrical"

PM me if you need it
Old 02-19-2015, 09:55 PM   #4
Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
I have a brand new 4x4 switch if you need one. I purchased it from Toyota and when I figured that the switch wasn't my issue they would not take it back because it is "electrical"

PM me if you need it
Thanks for the offer ferny but I spent the $50 on a new switch myself already. I mean obviously it's gotta be some sort of electrical issue since the functioning of the Tcase hasn't been hindered. Are there any other fuses/ relays that are connected to this circuit other than the 20amp fuse in the cab?
Old 02-24-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
Mud Slinger
Fernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shedFernando is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
Fernando's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKsavanaman View Post
Thanks for the offer ferny but I spent the $50 on a new switch myself already. I mean obviously it's gotta be some sort of electrical issue since the functioning of the Tcase hasn't been hindered. Are there any other fuses/ relays that are connected to this circuit other than the 20amp fuse in the cab?
shoot man, wish I could be more help...I was clueless as well...I paid Toyota to find my issue. They said it was my ADD and the 4x4 switch....turns out I just needed another ADD. My 4x4 wasn't engaging at all

good luck man