Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Roots install....

Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
CobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to behold

CobraGod's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Roots install....

Gentlemen,
I came over here to ask a few things about installing a TRD supercharger on my buddy’s 2003 Tacoma 4x4. I have installed a few roots type superchargers so I think I can handle this one.

But I got a few questions to ask about the supporting mods and about parts.

We are right now in Iraq and getting ready to come home. I’m going to try to get the supercharger put on and ready for the dyno in four days. I know I can do that part.

Part that I know we need.
LC-1 wideband
Boost and A/F gauges

Here is what I need to know.
He bought just supercharger but I don’t understand the fuel upgrades that you all have. He sends me link for this thing called the 7th injector kit?
Link below

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260518512

I was just thinking about bigger injectors like 42lb injectors and a walbro 255 in the tank?

What do you guy use for hand held tuners‘?

Can we use the stock throttle body for the TRD supercharger?

I know I’m missing something, any help or links to parts or anything would be cool.

Thanks Guys!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
CobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to beholdCobraGod is a splendid one to behold

Anyone?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
stikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura about

stikkimikki87's Tacoma Gallery
no tuners, piggy back only. The extra injector method is OLD, if you are a car guy you should have seen it before. But anyways, it works smoother and is a hell of a lot easier to tune than doing the full injector swap (which they sell on URD). Theres not many things you can do with the tuning other than pull timing and add fuel. Its nothing like tuning a GM/Ford....
Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
mugenrios2k is on a distinguished road
mugenrios2k's Tacoma Gallery
well I will most likely be adding another piggy back option to the mix.

The Greddy E-manage ULT.
Which I have extensive experience using on my race car.
http://rides.importtuner.com/ride/11...000/index.html

The ULT when used correctly is a very good piece of tuning equipment.

One of the nicer features is the A/F feed back option if using a Wideband sensor.

The ULT will automatically adjust injector pulse width based on the W/B reading to keep the A/F exactly where you want them to be.

Any one know how the front HX is going to work on the A2W intercooler when equipped with the towing package.
I am worried about interference with the oil/tranny cooler.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikkimikki87 View Post
no tuners, piggy back only. The extra injector method is OLD, if you are a car guy you should have seen it before. But anyways, it works smoother and is a hell of a lot easier to tune than doing the full injector swap (which they sell on URD). Theres not many things you can do with the tuning other than pull timing and add fuel. Its nothing like tuning a GM/Ford....

Well sorry I don't read up about tacoma and what you guys run.

I'm just trying to find what injectors you guys run for the roots and what fuel pump. That was it, and you are saying you guys don't have a hand held tuner for your trucks?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Just get this. Come with everything you need. Injectors, plugs, pump, etc. I've tuned a truck with this, and its not that bad to do.
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1230100017
Old 05-12-2009, 04:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
Just get this. Come with everything you need. Injectors, plugs, pump, etc. I've tuned a truck with this, and its not that bad to do.
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1230100017
A big thanks man!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
stikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura about

stikkimikki87's Tacoma Gallery
if you read on the description, it says 99 and up should use the 7th injector kit....
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
YOTATOYS is on a distinguished road
YOTATOYS's Tacoma Gallery
Check out URD's upraded injector kit, have heard its the best way to go when adding the TRD charger.