Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Squeeks from the Front and Back!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
rubend1 is on a distinguished road
Army:
rubend1's Tacoma Gallery
Squeeks from the Front and Back!

Hey all, New member and Initial Posting! Hope you can help a brother out...

Problem #1: I turn on my Truck and I hear a squeel / screeching noise coming from what I believe might be the belt(s)? If I place the truck in Neutral, the noise goes away. Once I begin to drive the noise goes away. The noises only occur while at a stop.

Problem #2: While driving over small bumps or pot holes I hear some squeeling coming from my rear (drivers side) wheel area. It does not occur while driving on smooth surfaces. I replaced the shocks (front and back) two months ago. The suspension feels good. Just that horrible squeeky noise...

Any thoughts
Old 05-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubend1 View Post
Hey all, New member and Initial Posting! Hope you can help a brother out...

Problem #1: I turn on my Truck and I hear a squeel / screeching noise coming from what I believe might be the belt(s)? If I place the truck in Neutral, the noise goes away. Once I begin to drive the noise goes away. The noises only occur while at a stop.

Problem #2: While driving over small bumps or pot holes I hear some squeeling coming from my rear (drivers side) wheel area. It does not occur while driving on smooth surfaces. I replaced the shocks (front and back) two months ago. The suspension feels good. Just that horrible squeeky noise...

Any thoughts
Sounds like a drive belt and possibly a tensioner on your intial squeak on start up. try a belt dressing first but don't get too over zealous with it, sometimes moisture will cause an intial squeak, hence why it goes away after you start to drive. Check your belt for cracks. Lube your sway bar bushings that should get rid of the suspension sound based on the info you have given. Should you get a squeak in a tight turn you are just hitting the steering stops, putting some grease on them will help for awhile, but usually have to reapply every so often.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
could it also be a propeller shaft problem or a grease zerk problem?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
ps. and the squeeky noise could possibly be your bed. just a thought
Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
rubend1 is on a distinguished road
Army:
rubend1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply's. I will look into all a bit further. If anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears!