1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Back in the Tacoma Family! Question about wrecked frame??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by domn8r007, May 7, 2009.

1. May 7, 2009 at 12:25 AM
    domn8r007

domn8r007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I stumbled on a 99 Tacoma Limited 4x4 (fabtec lift, new BFG's,perfect interior) for a ree-dack-u-lous deal. Owned 6 4x4 yota's before this one:82, 85, 88, 91, 94, 95, and modified most of them extensively. The truck is wrecked in the front and I am hoping it's repairable. I am not a body repairman but I think I want to take this one on!

The truck is going to need radiator support, hood, fenders, radiator, and other misc. parts. My question is regarding the front frame portions that extend beyond the motor crossmember. Essentially the two front frame portions that stick out and support the radiator support and bumper. These are both bent, particularly the right hand side. What's the best course of action to repair these? Are these frame portions available for purchase? I will try and get a pic tomorrow in the daylight......just can't sleep.

Let me end by mentioning what my intentions are. I plan to make this a second vehicle as a back-up to my diesel truck. However, it's not going to be a garage queen. I most likely will not be going back with front bumper but would like to integrate the front frame portions that need replacing with a front guard of some sort to improve approach angle.

Thanks in advance
    -domn8r

Products Discussed in

To Top