Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen Chrome Grill...

Old 05-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Chrome Grill...

I was wandering if anyone knows how much a chrome grill is worth for a 2004?? The reason I ask is I've found one for $40 in good shape and was looking at buying it to modify (mesh, billet or something) and take my sweet ass time without removing my current grille. I guess what I'm asking is $40 worth it or are there better deals out there? Thanks in advance for the input!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold

22b22's Tacoma Gallery
If it's in good shape, then $40 is a good price. The non-chrome non-OEM repros go for $30 or so and the chrome repros go for $110 or so.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
It's in great shape, he replaced his OEM with an billet aftermarket shortly after buying the truck new in 2004 & says that it's been in his garage ever since. Seemed as if it was a good price, but I just wanted to check around a little. Thanks for the confirmation on the going rates for these grills!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i have a used chrome one off my 04 that i'll sell you for $25...plus shipping. i doubt i'll ever use it again.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well............you may not wanna pay shipping after all.......its pretty big, the box its in is long too, so im gonna guess due to size, shipping will be high as poo. sorry. it was a thought anyway.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #6
22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold

22b22's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping is around $40 - 50 for ground. I'm still trying to source one (non-chrome) locally to paint
Old 05-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i have a used chrome one off my 04 that i'll sell you for $25...plus shipping. i doubt i'll ever use it again.
PM coming
Old 05-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22b22 View Post
Shipping is around $40 - 50 for ground. I'm still trying to source one (non-chrome) locally to paint
I work for UPS... what is the weight and dims & I'll quote myself a rate!

Thx
Brian
Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
I work for UPS... what is the weight and dims & I'll quote myself a rate!

Thx
Brian
sweet!!

ok, the box is 58inx12inx8in................and weight, im gonna guess around 20 pounds...give or take a little.

now,that said, the bumper is used, and at the corners of the bumper,closest to where the lights are, the chrome has faded a little in those areas. just wanted to let you know.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #10

here is the grille....minus the blacked out emblem. only thing i dont have is the small clips for it....had to use them with my new grille.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sweet!!

ok, the box is 58inx12inx8in................and weight, im gonna guess around 20 pounds...give or take a little.

now,that said, the bumper is used, and at the corners of the bumper,closest to where the lights are, the chrome has faded a little in those areas. just wanted to let you know.
Damn!! The best I can do w/o raising any suspicion is $25... I need a biz trip to Charlotte!

I guess I'll pick this one up local for $40... Thanks again for the offer, it was a good thought!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
Damn!! The best I can do w/o raising any suspicion is $25... I need a biz trip to Charlotte!

I guess I'll pick this one up local for $40... Thanks again for the offer, it was a good thought!
no prob man...sorry i couldnt be any more help to you.