1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

04 DC new to me.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Ronstafario, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Mar 5, 2015 at 6:29 PM
    stumpman

stumpman Well-Known Member

Member:
    tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Dclb cement
    Cool, not trying to bash you but rather educate you, xsp is a regional deal and not done from the factory, toyota distributors for regions do models like the xsp, and various others, just not offered from the factory with this package, if you could provide me with a link direct from a toyota where I can purchase these wheels, then I will eat my words, I am sure you are young and just learning about first gen tacomas, you will find people on this forum are very helpful, some of us old timers have a wealth of knowledge, i can post a pic on a new thread and let the educated forum members chime in on who's right as to if they are factory or not, I feel like I would know the outcome, not trying to start a argument, just sharing my knowledge, I researched these wheels as factory to no avail, prove me wrong, bash me if you can if that's the qualities you as a new member want to contribute to this forum!

2. Mar 5, 2015 at 6:45 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    Before anyone can help you, you need to accept the fact that
    1) 1st gens never had a 20" wheel option
    2) Neither did the 2nd gens
    3) XSP package was never offered for 1st gens
    4) You are misinformed

3. Mar 5, 2015 at 6:54 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Nice truck Esé

4. Mar 5, 2015 at 8:04 PM
    Ronstafario

Ronstafario [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Double cab
    Does it seem strange that we can't get past the rims debate and on to the part where the kind old wise fellows help the young new guy out by telling him the best solution to his problem......

I'm not a truck guru or a computer guru so I just say what I've read so far. Which everything I read says these came on 2007 Tacoma xsp. Part #00041-89400...I believe.....I found a dealership selling them on ebay as new and this parts list that I attached.

Yes, I know they didn't come on a 1st gen, yes I might even be misinformed but I've seen no evidence to disprove me. I've read about 100 threads on forums about these wheels on tacomas. I'm just trying to someone helpful, not debate completely inconsequential nuances in my question. It doesn't really matter if they're stock or not because either way they still rub.

Attached Files:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Mar 5, 2015 at 9:39 PM
    stumpman

Member:
    tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Dclb cement
    Best solution to your problem is probably answered within those hundred of threads you have read about these wheels, as opposed to here, sounds like your pretty well versed with info regarding theses wheels. Call toyota, they sold the wheels, they sold the truck, so they will tell you the solution to your problem, 20" wheels not designed for that truck, hire a design engineer to solve the problem, like I said people running 20" wheels are few And far between, pull your pants above your waist and search for 78 impala with 20" wheels, what worked for them might work for you, couple of trivia questions, 1. Was factory leather interior ever an option in first gen tacomas? Was a manual transmission offered in first gen tacoma(4door)what years where first gen 4 door tacomas offered? Is a 4 cyclinder available in first gen 4 door models,if so what models,did toyota run 1, 2, or 3 different 4 cyclinder engines in the first gen tacoma, what year did tacoma go from a 15" wheel to a 16" wheels in first gen, did toyota ever put a 20" wheel on a First gen tacoma?

6. Mar 5, 2015 at 9:46 PM
    stumpman

Member:
    tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Dclb cement
    Your PDF file is from toyota distributor, not toyota, it is not oem(original equipment manufacturer, of factory equipment ) from toyota, it is an exclusive wheel offer by toyota distrubutor made by enkei

7. Mar 6, 2015 at 5:30 AM
    Ronstafario

Ronstafario [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Double cab
    Wow.....

I'm a member of alot of forums because they are "usually" very helpful with many people that have similar interests in the same product that everyone is on the forum for, in this case Tacomas. I am a member of 2 supermoto forums, a mountain bike forum and a camry forum for my girlfriend's car. This one has been the least helpful out of all of them. You guys are more interested in arguing about my gangsta status because of my rims than in helping a fellow Tacoma owner. I custom built every one of my rides just from searching and asking questions on these forums. I will now go find another forum for tacomas because everyone here would rather judge me than help me. It takes 3 seconds to say trim first or spacer first but noooooo.....

"Thanks for all the help buddy"

20150216_174644.jpg
    2014-05-25 20.45.22.jpg
    IMG_9694130564115.jpg

8. Mar 6, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    stumpman

Member:
    tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Dclb cement
    Wish you luck! You answered you own question in the previous post. You stated "similar interest in the same product." We do have a similar interest in tacomas but not many here interested in proper fit of 20"wheels, if so you would get all kind of responses for a solution.(probably not many topics, if any on converting a 4 door tacoma to a low rider on this forum, not many if any done that here, but I bet somebody somewhere has) Toyota accessories can be of three varieties, dealer add ons, distrubutor add ons or factory, if you search this forum you will learn one thing for sure. If it is never offered from the factory or installed at the factory, then it it not considered factory, ( good example of this is many 01-04 tacoma owners thought they had factory leather, they learned on this forum that it was a dealer, or distrubutor add on, leather never was done from factory in these models) your wheels fall in that category, but I will take the blame for your inability to understand that, I got broad shoulders and can carry the load, tried to be nice and explain why you were not getting responses to the wheel fit, and just educate you on your thoughts about your "factory wheels" but as you stated in a previous post you are "overly defensive"

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  9. Mar 6, 2015 at 7:52 AM
    Rons01TRD

Rons01TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4Runner 4WD
    Mine is a PreRunner and is not lifted as well. Some guys make comments most don't care. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Clean.jpg
    Yota.jpg

10. Mar 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    stumpman

Member:
    tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Dclb cement
    Nice truck, I like it, topper and bed cover, sweet!

11. Mar 6, 2015 at 10:26 AM
    Ronstafario

Ronstafario [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Double cab
    Ok man, it's obvious you're not going to help me, so you can stop trying to educate me. I pay college tuition for that.....it doesn't matter what size the wheel is, the wheel doesn't rub anything. If I had never said the dreaded "20 inch wheel" then I probably would have gotten a better response.

I am trying to fit a 31.9" by 10.8" tire on my truck and it rubs. That's what I should have posted.

12. Mar 6, 2015 at 1:18 PM
    Zork

Zork Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA / KY
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 D-Cab
    Alpine CDA-9885
    OP- check over on www.customtacos.com

there is a lot more street trucks on that site, and they might have the answer you are looking for.

13. Mar 6, 2015 at 2:38 PM
    Ronstafario

Ronstafario [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Double cab

Thank you kind sir. Within an hour, I had my answer.

14. Mar 6, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    stumpman

Member:
    tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Dclb cement
    And learned a little on the way, much cheaper than a college tuition! HeHe

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  15. Mar 7, 2015 at 11:03 PM
    PatriotOfAmerica

PatriotOfAmerica Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reed
    Good Ole' Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    03 Jade Mica DC TRD 4x4
    33'' kanati mud hogz arb front bumper are camper shell 42'' cree light bar color match fender flares
    Good price for the truck! who cares about the wheels! If its 1st gen and a tacoma your in the right place!! and yeah I don't believe those are factory...

16. Mar 7, 2015 at 11:06 PM
    PatriotOfAmerica

PatriotOfAmerica Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reed
    Good Ole' Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    03 Jade Mica DC TRD 4x4
    33'' kanati mud hogz arb front bumper are camper shell 42'' cree light bar color match fender flares
    Oops didn't notice this thread had 2 pages before posting! and gosh so much tension in this thread! need some Jesus in this thread!

17. Mar 11, 2015 at 3:43 PM
    NICODON

NICODON Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nico
    Virgin Islands
    Vehicle:
    98 V6 4x4
    Cool truck, I also run 20's with 265/50/20 and I love them! On and off road I have no problems.

18. Mar 12, 2015 at 9:47 AM
    Ronstafario

Ronstafario [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Double cab
    Thanks. Ya now I've taken care of the rubbing and they drive the same as the 16s did.

19. Mar 12, 2015 at 9:58 AM
    Taco gator

Taco gator Taco with 6.5" front 0" rear lift

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 2wd Taco
    6.5" Spindle/5100 lift front lift
    Those rims do come stock on the 07 XSP model.

Truck looks good man

20. Mar 12, 2015 at 10:28 AM
    stumpman

Member:
    tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Dclb cement
    But does this xsp come stock from the factory or is it a regional toyota distributorship that does it, I do not argue the point of stock on xsp model.

Products Discussed in

To Top