1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock battery harness assembly

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Von Francis, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Mar 10, 2015 at 4:14 PM
    Von Francis

Von Francis [OP] New Member

Member:
    Orting
    Vehicle:
    '01 Tacoma SR5
    Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2001 Tacoma 3.4L and I (dumbly) didn't realize it was missing the whole battery harness assembly. I have been looking to order a new tray, J bolt, and holder assembly and noticed there are two options of tray: with cold area package and without. Oddly, the w/ cold area package tray is less expensive so I am leaning toward purchasing that part though I live in a mild climate. Will this matter at all in battery performance, spacing/clearance, or anything to that effect? Am I just over-thinking this and should just go ahead and buy what suits my needs? Please advise.

-V_Francis

"Of all the things I miss in this world, I miss my 4runner the most."

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. Mar 14, 2015 at 7:25 AM
    Shadetree

Shadetree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BiLL
    Bozeman, Montana
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x2
    Locking Tailgate & Gas Cap and extra bed D-rings
    Ambient cold temperatures affect battery performance especially below freezing.

Please see the temperature vs. performance diagram in Section 7.2 of the Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ on www.batteryfaq.org.

Heat accelerates grid corrosion. If I lived in a mild climate, I would be more concerned with preventative maintenance.

3. Mar 15, 2015 at 6:45 AM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Most online Toyota parts dealers allow you to enter your vin, to see how your truck came from the factory. Most don't list weather it has the cold area package and all of the detailed specifics,,but it does give you most, if not all, of the original part number for those pieces you need to replace.

Personally, they should have all been equipped with the cold area packages regardless of where you live.

I feel sorry for the folks who got the low buck wiper motor, small car battery,,and the lower power starter. There was a couple more trinket items to that package I believe, but those are the main biggies.

Products Discussed in

To Top