1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BAMF behind grill light mount- what fits

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by EricU, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mar 13, 2015 at 7:04 AM
    EricU

EricU [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    i ordered and installed a BAMF light mount for behind the grill, without making a new bracket to kick my current LED bar forward, it wont fit. Any of yall have this mount? what lights do you use? ive reloacted the horn already, i was just having clearance issues with the center support bar and the back of the light.

i was thinking of if some 4-5" HID's would fit, that would get me the light output im after and i could mount the LED bar on top of the bumper.

2. Mar 13, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    The only thing I could get to fit in my was a slim single stack I'm hitting the grille and the center support.

3. Mar 13, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    EricU

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    Would the LED bar mounts pictured with the 2nd gen brackets work on the 1st gen mount? looking at the pictures, it looks as if that would give me the clearance i need by pushing it forward a tad. I have tons of forward clearance with the Grillcraft griil installed at the very front edge of the grill surround.

4. Mar 13, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426257343.123994.jpg

Sr.-20 mounted perfect behind my grill with all BAMF equipment.

5. Mar 13, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    EricU

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    yeah i had no issues at all with the BAMF mount on my 2nd gen, even had 2 21" light bars mounted on that truck. first gen gets a bit tighter,

6. Mar 13, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    Squeaky Penguin

Squeaky Penguin Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Steamboat Springs, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '01 4WD, SR5, TRD & '13 TRDOR AC
    Lots of dust and custom dents, Check Build
    I manged to fit 4 - 5" Procomp lights behind a thin lip Satoshi. There was a little bit of wiggle room, but not much. Problem with HIDs I would think would be the depth.

IMAG0840_zpsq6ryv8k1_47a9e1303ce0bc927cee79e05439445944a45d58.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top