Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bad f-in day

Old 05-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
jeff6001 is on a distinguished road
jeff6001's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Bad f-in day

I just finished cutting my yard and wanted to go get something to drink. So i opened my truck and noticed red liquid everywhere!?! I was trying to figure out what it as when i saw it. A fucking can of big red soda exploded in my truck and is everywhere! Its on my seats, carpet, back windows, subs, cd-player, amp, front windshield, wtf that damn cloth over my head. I'm so pissed I can' even think of what it's called!?! That just goes to show you what Texas heat can do. Does anybody know how to get red stains out or should i just buckle down and pay for some cleaning service to bend me over and stick it to me?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
might as well pay couple of hundred dollars for them to detail your car because trust me these stains will never get off if you don't do it right...
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
dayum,,that sux big time.. Why mess around, get a detail shop to shampoo out the stains immediately. Warning to others to not leave liquids in the hot interior huh?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff6001 View Post
I just finished cutting my yard and wanted to go get something to drink. So i opened my truck and noticed red liquid everywhere!?! I was trying to figure out what it as when i saw it. A fucking can of big red soda exploded in my truck and is everywhere! Its on my seats, carpet, back windows, subs, cd-player, amp, front windshield, wtf that damn cloth over my head. I'm so pissed I can' even think of what it's called!?! That just goes to show you what Texas heat can do. Does anybody know how to get red stains out or should i just buckle down and pay for some cleaning service to bend me over and stick it to me?
thats sucks sorry i think i would just get it detailed good luck
Old 05-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll just drink a couple of beers and start calling around for the best price.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Had that happen once in one of my cars. Fortunately it was only ginger ale so nothing really got stained...just really sticky. I think the Mythbusters said soda cans can't get hot enough to explode in a car. You should see if they'll pick up your detailing tab.

Good luck with the cleaning!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
Maybe they didn't test it in the texas heat with big red? The can was ripped open like a can of biscuits!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
WO seat covers will cover that stain nicely!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
Will probably need some after this.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
A friend had that happen in England - she had a can of coke that was in direct sunlight (just under the windshield). It made a BAAAAD mess.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #12
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
A soda exploding in your truck is one thing, but BIG RED!? Holy crap. I would take it to a detailer and let them work their magic.

On another note, Big Red is some damn good stuff!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #13
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
On another note, Big Red is some damn good stuff!

+1
Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #14
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
dont feel bad...This past winter i had gone out and gotten one of those 24 packs of soda..Left it in my truck to bring to work...Just so happened the next day, i got the flu so I wasnt going out to my truck for at least 4 days...Well, it was SUUPER cold, and i wanted to go out to see if my truck still started, and guess what I found..Yup..about 1/2 those cans blew the fuck up in my truck..went everywhere. I spent probably an hour cleaning the FROZEN soda off the inside of my truck..I feel your pain.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #15
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
That sux man. I'd say just get it detailed and then go over it with a magnifying glass when you pick it up.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #16
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Dam that sucks.. I would die!

Come to the Texas MEEt tomorrow and we will buff it out at Drifters
Old 05-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #17
Got it completely clean for $40!!! Paysto have a friend of the family in a carpet cleaning business. He was only gonna charge me $25. Didn't hurt coughing up the extra dough to have it look so orgasmic inside.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #18
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man. Glad it worked out for you with no permanent damage.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #19
CenTex Honky
drifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drifter379's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get pics of the red mess? I really want to see it. Glad you were able to clean it up.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #20
Nah, didn't get any picks. Was too pissed to take out my camera. But damn it looks good. Now if I can just get these gray lil circles, from God knows what, off my paint. I'll probably take pics of those and ask ya'll guys for some help.