Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

switch mounting.....

Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
switch mounting.....

Does anybody know where i can mount more switches on my 1st gen double cab??? i alrede have 2 switches in the aux. spots under the ash tray, and the spot above the clock is where my CB mic is.....im looking to install some small lights on my rear bumper for some extra sight while backing at night. where can i mount more switches???? im not rele looking to do a whole lot of cutting but i will if i have to.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
(1) You can swap out the clock for a switch installation.

(2) If it were me, I'd install the switch on the center console, so I could flip it while my hand is in the vicinity shifting into reverse.

(3) It's also pretty common to mount new switches on the lower left dash panel.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
I installed one for my back up lights here.....or, you can put one or two by the cup holders....

switch mounting.....-pict0069.jpg
Old 05-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery

See that green light between the steering wheel on the dash? That is an actual switch zone provided factory. That little square panel pops out and you can drill a hole onto it, mount a switch and pop it right back in.
Thats the switch for my hellas
Old 05-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post

See that green light between the steering wheel on the dash? That is an actual switch zone provided factory. That little square panel pops out and you can drill a hole onto it, mount a switch and pop it right back in.
Thats the switch for my hellas
i dont have the location avail. that ridge posted...my airbag switch and 4way flashers are up in that area...
Old 05-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
thanks for the input guys i think imma put it where monoman put his....i have my cb mic mounted where the green your green switch is ridgerunner