1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need logistics advice: buying/transporting car in another state

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by PeteRock, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Mar 23, 2015 at 9:24 PM
    PeteRock

PeteRock [OP] Member

Member:
    I'm looking at a tacoma in a neighboring state. It's about a 4 hour drive. I want to figure out how to get it back to my state, by myself. My friends and roommates' schedules don't really lend themselves well to a 1-3 day trip on short notice. I could fly and/or rent a car, but then I would feel more "locked into" buying this truck.

I want to part with the car I currently drive -- it's reaching its last legs. Worth at most $1000 maybe. If I were to buy this Tacoma, I wouldn't mind selling my current car in this neighboring state -- but how, and on short notice? Junkyard? (It still runs fine, though.) Hope for a quick Craigslist deal? Would a used car dealership take my P.O.S.?

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind bringing my current car and the Tacoma back home, but how would I get two cars back?

(This is a 1999 2WD 2.7 Tacoma so towing my current car (a van) is probably out of the question, right?)

I'm willing and able to spend up to 5-7 days in this neighboring state to get this all taken care of (in terms of inspecting truck, buying truck, selling current car, etc.)

Any advice?

Products Discussed in

To Top