1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dystar 1" body lift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by EricU, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Mar 24, 2015 at 4:51 PM
    EricU

EricU [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    Have any of you all ran the dystar body lift? i like that it replaces the whole mount instead of just adding a puck. Ive read a few things about the bed supports failing but that is something i can fix on my own.

i only plan to run a 3" suspension lift, and the extra inch from this body lift would help with rubbing issues while off road which is my main reason to go with a body lift at all.

are there any negative side effects from this setup? i have a 5spd 4x4 but i cant see a 1 inch BL making much difference with the shifters

2. Mar 26, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    elnip

elnip Well-Known Member

Member:
    LC,NM
    Vehicle:
    '98 Tacoma TRD S/C'd / /'16 T4R Trail
    Taco SC'd, fuel mods, Supra TT MAF, TRD Headers, Water Meth Injection, Tundra Brake upgrade Trail w/URD EL Headers. JFR EL Y-pipe, URD Hi Clearance cat back, KDMAX Tune, 4.56's
    I've ran a Roger Brown 1" body lift for the same reason for years and I have never had an issue. They are just the pucks. I don't have an issue with the shifters either.

3. Mar 26, 2015 at 4:01 PM
    bpkrules

bpkrules Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma4x4 BATMAN
    ARB Front bumper. Custom rear bumper. ARB snorkel. 883s 90004s. 1 inch daystar body mounts lift. Full skids. Leather seats.

I have had it on my truck for about 3 years with zero problems. Had a bulletproofing shop install. At first they gave me shit for the body lift(friends with the owner) but when they were done they said they were impressed with it and would consider for some of their bulletproofed vehicles. Only really a body lift in rear with the front being replacements the stock mounts. A lot of jeep guys run it and praise it. I highly recommend as it didn't effect the ride at all and has preformed well. Bed supports are easily fixed and I'm just now needing to do it.

4. Mar 26, 2015 at 7:18 PM
    EricU

EricU [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    great news! guess i know what i will be ordering soon along with the suspension lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top