Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd gen bed transplant?

Old 05-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold

22b22's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen bed transplant?

I really like the functionality of the 2nd gen beds. I have an 03 DC and wondered if anyone has tried transplanting a 2nd gen bed to a 1st gen?

At the very least, I'm going to try to find a junkyard 2nd gen shortbox and take a sawzall to the sides and utility rails and see about repurposing it in the bedsides. I'm getting the bed lineX'd when I'm done with my mods, so I can get it all sealed up and look more "stock".
Old 05-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
What do you like about the 2nd gen beds?
The composite material or the storage compartments....

Personally I'd rather had an actual steel bed.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
(1) No, to the best of my knowledge no one's tried to transplant a 2005+ bed onto a pre-2005 Tacoma.

(2) I doubt it would work at all. The 2005+ Taco is an entirely different and bigger 'species', and the bed dimensions are all different.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
heres a thread thats almost 1 year old...but we discussed bed dimensions way back then

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...s-gen-1-a.html

it was concluded that 1st gen tacomas bed space is larger
Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #8
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
What do you like about the 2nd gen beds?
The composite material or the storage compartments....

Personally I'd rather had an actual steel bed.
I like the compartments... But, I'm not really sold on the composite! I'll keep my steel bed!
Old 05-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold22b22 is a splendid one to behold

22b22's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea of a stock look and the functionality of the compartements/plugs. I can do the wiring behind the scenes to make it all work, but the fitment aint gonna happen.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #10
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
it's going to look yukky. and I dont think itll line up with the wheels.