1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Update on Sidesteps guys, few questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by nyg052003, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Mar 31, 2015 at 7:22 PM
    nyg052003

nyg052003 [OP] Nyg052003

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD Offroad SR5 4x4
    Ok got my 4 inch oval steps in yesterday and went to put them on today but ran into a few minor issues. For the bracket holes at the front of pass door, there is a bolt in one of the holes, middle hole is hollow, and the third hole has a nut on the outside of bracket base and the hole is threaded. I will have to call the dealer tomorrow if you guys don't know what size bolt that is. I should be fine just putting a bolt in that one hole and a nut on that bolt that's in there and ofcourse putting one of the supplied nuts and bolts through the middle hole.

The middle hole of the bracket is larger than the 2 outer holes of the bracket as well as the middle hole of the base of the truck. Just to test fit today, I used to larger washers on outside and inside of bolt to keep it from sliding through as I test fitted. I can just get a larger bolt for the center for extra strength or security I guess though using the washers should suffice if I had to.

If any of you know what size bolt that is in the truck's bracket base let me know please. The steps came with 12 M8 30 bolts and 8 M10x25 bolts. The M10x25's are for the steps to bracket

Tacoma sidestep bracket slots.jpg
    Tacoma sidestep bracket slots.png 1.jpg
    Tacoma sidestep bracket slots.png 2.jpg

2. Apr 1, 2015 at 6:23 AM
    nyg052003

nyg052003 [OP] Nyg052003

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD Offroad SR5 4x4
    Anyone lol? Where you guys at :)

Products Discussed in