1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.5" Lift How should I go?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Brutus, May 11, 2009.

1. May 11, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    Brutus

Brutus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Butus
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    2012 Crew Cab Sr5 TRD 4x4
    [​IMG]

Guys I'm looking for a small lift for my Quad Cab TRD. Posted is somewhat recent pic from the side. I've painted all the chrome since that pic. But still stock.

I'd say 2.5" is good, 3" Max. I just bought the truck back in March. So really havent done much off roading yet, so far just sand at MD beach. Planning to get into it more, only problem is for me to wheel any where its at least 1hr drive or more. So the truck has to be useful all around. Plus I have a 6yr old son so hieght is a problem. I have side steps which he already has a little trouble with.

My other concern is $. I've seen suggestions on here of going suspension more then spacers and blocks. Whats the big difference?

I mean I found the Daystar 2.5" lift kit for like $160. Spacers up front, and larger shackles in the rear. Wouldnt it ride the same cause I'm keeping stock springs and leaves?

Please anyone enlighten me... haha

Also, I had a Cherokee few years back. after lifting it to certain point, I had to worry about the tranfer case and binding the driveshafts. Do the Tacomas have same issues? If so whats a safe lift hieght before having to go into major work? How about the CVs in the front any restriction on them? I see some have gone to Solid axles on here. I'm guessin thats only for major wheeling.

2. May 11, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i did a small lift on my tacoma.......bout 2 inches in the front/1.5 in the rear...................i went with ome 881 coils and 5100's set at stock height..and wheelers 5 pack rear leaves in the rear. ride is great.....not too high, and getting in is easy. no diff drop needed either.

3. May 11, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    gatorboyy13

gatorboyy13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Corvallis, OR
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB Black
    CustomCarGrilles Small Perf & "TOYOTA" Grille Insert CaliRaised 31" Light Bar w/ ApexFab Stealth Mounts Header Rail w/Bike Mount
    how much was your set up all together? the lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top