Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need Help from the Experts...

Old 05-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
g8er96 is on a distinguished road
g8er96's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help from the Experts...

Folks.. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Tacoma. I've found one that I'm planning on checking out. Is there anything that I should pay particular attention to when looking for a Tacoma? Here is the listing for the truck I'm interested in. Any help is appreciated.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1166188704.html
Old 05-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The first thing that strikes me about the listing is that it never specifies which engine / transmission the truck has ...
Old 05-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
g8er96's Tacoma Gallery
After talking to the seller its a 4cyl Automatic.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
First two things I'd ask are:

(1) Why has it been (re-?)painted?
(2) What has it been used to tow?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
g8er96's Tacoma Gallery
What makes you think its been painted?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by g8er96 View Post
What makes you think its been painted?
It's either been painted or those are some sort of add-on rocker panel covers (or whatever they're called) ...

No 1995.5 - 2004 Tacoma came from the factory with a two-tone body.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Does it pass or fail the internal frame rot warrantee through Toyota?
Good call! ...