Tacowner Soon!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
eternus is on a distinguished road

eternus's Tacoma Gallery
Tacowner Soon!

01 4x4 4 Banger - http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1162246805.html
99 4x4 4 Banger - http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1165951237.html

One way or another I intend to be driving a Tacoma this Friday. (c:

I love the grill on the 01 but I like the price and bonus features on the 99. I imagine thats what I'll go with.

Offhand, does anyone know if you can put the 01 style grill onto the 99 if I can find one?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking trucks! Salvage yards can provide things like grills
Old 05-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend test driving as many as possible... And maybe look for an xtra cab or if you're on a budget do what you can do and enjoy being in the Toyota comunity!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #4

eternus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to test the 01 tonight and the 99 on Thursday. I like a regular cab on a 4 banger as it gives me that much less weight to manage, I also like the shorter wheelbase for when I play. I've looked through the range going from Double down to Extra and finally realized that for my purposes the Regular is fine... helps w/ the budget too which is nice.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with the test drive on the '01 & report back tomorrow with your findings... yah or nay!?!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
you can change the grille...but you'll have to change the fenders, hood, headlights...and possibly bumpers too
Old 05-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
trailinTaco is on a distinguished road

trailinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
well actually you have to change the grille, headlights, filler piece below headlight, hood, and the bumper is optional.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
also be weary of the frame rusting issue
Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
also be weary of the frame rusting issue
i think that would be a plus for me. you pay $8k for it and toyota buys it back for $11k, then you have more than what you started with and both trucks are like the exact same thing cept for the looks. go with what makes your wiener tingle when you look at it
Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #10

eternus's Tacoma Gallery
The 2001 is nice, though he's trying to sell it at a NADA value that is for Retail Value and "clean". In looking at KBB I'm not sure where his $8,950 comes from especially as the truck is only in "Good" condition by my figuring. All that said, I'll go check this other truck out and if it is in really bad condition or glaringly faulted then I might go back to the 2001 for a good price drop. I think he added too much value to the truck based on scarcity.

Interestingly the truck had more aggressive 16" tires on it when he bought a year ago which he sold and put on some street friendly 15" tires. I wonder if that might have cost him a bit in the resale.

At the very least, I won't feel as bad giving up the 2001 for the 1999, the grill isn't THAT awesome. =oP Now I just need to hear back from the 1999 with a VIN and some pictures.

Magikbean, don't think I haven't thought of that. (c; The 2001 would get a frame replacement, the 1999 would get the buyback (according to everything I've read.) All signs continue to point to the 1999, and I saw one on the hour drive down to the 2001 today and realize that they're plenty hot enough for me.