1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

leveling kit and new shocks/ struts advice needed

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bodhi armor, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Apr 24, 2015 at 11:40 PM
    bodhi armor

bodhi armor [OP] 02’ Dbl Cab- "The Luck Dragon"

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    East TX
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Dbl Cab Jade Green
    2002 tacoma SR. double cab 4x4 6 lug w/ 185000 mi. Ive been daily driving this truck for a year. Tomorrow im installing new factory spec coil springs , Bilstein heavy duty shocks and struts part #s Rear; 24-184977, 24-184960, FRONT; 24-022842. Im also installing a Daystar comfort ride leveling kit add a leaf 1.5" rear, 2.5" front block (top kf shock) style lift. this truck will "for now" be driven mostly on pavement so i want the handling be smooth and tight. first, The front lift polyeurethane block (above shock ) measures 1.5" thick. the way i understand, the block changes the geometry of the front end to achieve 2.5" of lift. I need to know if the geometry change will put a lot of extra stress on other components?? And if so what parts will be effected? also im putting a brush guard that weighs about 50lbs which is why i went with HD front struts.

2. Apr 25, 2015 at 12:58 AM
    techride

techride Weekend Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Stuart
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB v6 4x4
    Bilstein/Icon 2" suspension lift with wheelers 5 leaf springs, 7-pin relocate through bumper, bfg KO2s, redline hood struts, immryo mirror relocation, stubby antenna, dipped emblem, heated mirrors, Jason trek cap, led fogs, debadged
    Could be just me, but HD springs sounds like way overkill for just a little brush guard. They're more suited to carrying a 200+ lb plate bumper. Your ride quality is going to be pretty harsh. The spacer lift will affect the same components that a suspension lift will without the added benefit of increased wheel travel. The main concern being the increased cv angles... Cv joints don't last as long on lifted trucks. My .02

Products Discussed in

To Top