1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Color-matched Grille and Rocker Panel Guard

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by rivenbbe, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Apr 25, 2015 at 7:54 AM
    rivenbbe

rivenbbe [OP] Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2003 Extended Cab TRD
    Hey guys just posting about a few recent mods I've done. I was looking for a sort of rocker panel protection and saw that a lot of people used Bedliner along the lower portion of their truck. For the sake of something temporary, I came across a product called Trimbrite body guard. Has held up very well for over a month with car washes and highway driving. Another thing I did was color match the chrome grille to the truck, since the chrome was pretty chipped and scuffed. The match isn't perfect but overall I am happy with how it turned out. Only time will tell in regards to durability. If yall have any questions or anything feel free, I am positing this because I did so much research into both of these and thought I'd share my experience

image.jpg

2. Apr 26, 2015 at 3:52 PM
    Moosedog

Moosedog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Harrisburg, Or
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma SR5 TRD v6
    kings, dakars, relentless front bumper, NWTI rear bumper
    Is the trimbrite body guard you used the black strip on the bottom? I was thinking about using the trimbrite clear for the rockers on mine. With no mud flaps and wide tires, I have a lot of rock chips in those areas.

Products Discussed in

To Top