Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

install offroad lights

Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
TACOMA03
socal19 is on a distinguished road
socal19's Tacoma Gallery
install offroad lights

hey guys im going to put some offroad lights on my truck and im going to be using a switch so i want to hook up the lights to my fuse box and i only want them on when i go offrading at night so i just flip the switch to turn them on HELP
Old 05-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
the lights will come with an installation manual and hopefully a switch. Follow that. Should answer your question better.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
you just need a relay and a switch. I recommend this switch: http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led, I ordered 3 of them, They came quick and are reasonably priced, and the fit good, they also have an led that turns on when the switch is on.

I did order from 4x4mods.com, but the guy just took my money and never sent the switches, He hasn't responded to emails either... ... douchebag cost me 20$ for nuthin.

also, depending on the lights that you buy, most will include a generic surface mount switch and a relay to mount under the hood. I know the piaas do, but i'm not too sure about other brands. they will also come with wiring instructions.

Note: i'm not sure if the switches'll fit a 1st gen.