1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

install offroad lights

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by socal19, May 12, 2009.

1. May 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    hey guys im going to put some offroad lights on my truck and im going to be using a switch so i want to hook up the lights to my fuse box and i only want them on when i go offrading at night so i just flip the switch to turn them on HELP

2. May 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    the lights will come with an installation manual and hopefully a switch. Follow that. Should answer your question better.

3. May 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM
    mneuls

mneuls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    you just need a relay and a switch. I recommend this switch: http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led, I ordered 3 of them, They came quick and are reasonably priced, and the fit good, they also have an led that turns on when the switch is on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did order from 4x4mods.com, but the guy just took my money and never sent the switches, He hasn't responded to emails either... ... douchebag cost me 20$ for nuthin.

also, depending on the lights that you buy, most will include a generic surface mount switch and a relay to mount under the hood. I know the piaas do, but i'm not too sure about other brands. they will also come with wiring instructions.

Note: i'm not sure if the switches'll fit a 1st gen.

Products Discussed in

To Top