Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WTF is a TSB

Old 05-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
HoofHearted
HARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: McLovin
HARDSHELLTACO's Tacoma Gallery
WTF is a TSB

I know what TSB stands for tecnical service bulletin, but i am confused as to what it actually is or does for you. I have seen several second gens posts that say," I got the spring TSB done". What is being done, and is there anything i should know about the first gens.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the guys with 2nd gen trucks are having the weak leaf packs replaced under the leaf spring TSB. Just search toyota TSB's and see if any apply to your model of truck. In the meantime i will look for the link to all of this info.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
TSB's are ment for Toyota techs. They are NOT ment for the public to view.

When you show up with a printed TSB, they really wonder WHERE you got it from.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
TSB's are ment for Toyota techs. They are NOT ment for the public to view.

When you show up with a printed TSB, they really wonder WHERE you got it from.
When I got mine done they printed it out and gave it to me...
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancoTaco08 View Post
When I got mine done they printed it out and gave it to me...

lol, mine asked where the F I got it from, and demanded to see the website. I told him I just googled it
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
lol, mine asked where the F I got it from, and demanded to see the website. I told him I just googled it
Yeah....Mine about shit himself and then looked like he wanted to cry when I pulled out a TSB and showed it to him.

The TSB is information for Toyota Techs to diagnose/repair issues that are widespread but not worthy of a recall.
For the leaf spring TSB- Lots of folks are having issues with bottoming out under load- so they take it in and get some new leaf packs and it helps the problem.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #7
jeff6001 is on a distinguished road
jeff6001's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have to pay?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #8
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
The TSB is sort of like a recall, but not quite. Some dealerships will just do it if you ask (here's a thread about which ones people have found for the Leafspring TSB). Some dealerships make you prove that you're having the problem before they'll fix.

I say it's sort of like a recall b/c they perform the work for free once they agree to do it.

If there's one that you want done, make every effort to print and review the TSB yourself before you go to the dealership. I wrote about my experience starting here. Basically, the first guy I talked to said they'd do the TSB, but was going to take my Bilstein shocks off and replace them with non-Bilsteins. If I hadn't had the TSB in hand, I might not have known that guy was a clown.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Since this is a new TSB-related thread:

I know there's a good list of TSBs for Tacomas on here, but I'm struggling to find a list (and a place to download) TSB's for my wife's Lexus RX330. Can anybody help?

Thanks.