Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

water fuc#ed up my engine

Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
mudjunkie is on a distinguished road

mudjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
water fuc#ed up my engine

last night i was driving home when it started to rain i was about 20 minutes away from home well it poured rain i had to pull over for a minute any who i started to drive again and it was flooded i didnt really care cuz ita a truck so i went through it well i guess the water splashing up in the engine bay really messed things up for the most part she drives fine but every now and then when go to start off in first gear she acts like she is going to stall so i floor itt and sometimes when i go from third to fourth and try to cruise the truck acts like she is going to stall please help
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
anything else acting up or just trying to stall?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
could be that the cables to and from the spark plugs are wet??
Old 05-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #4

she also idles real low until i turn on the ac the it purrs like a kitten i checked the wires and i dried them and used a water remover spray i also checked the distributor and the intake nothing out of the ordinary i took a plug out and turned over the engine a few times to see if water comes out and i got nothing
Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Could you please use some of these "." ...even if just randomly placed some where in your post....
Old 05-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hows the ole alternator?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #7

my bad, i was using my iphone, its a lot of work to use punctuation marks. ok so, when i start my truck and place it in 1st gear as i begin "to give it gas and release the clutch" the truck wants to stall so i have to rev the rpms. also when i shift into 4th gear and try to idle at normal speed the truck feels like it wants to die.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #8

what do you mean the alternator works fine no problems there at all.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #9

chris 4x4 if anyone can figure this out its you i know it.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

the last time i went thru a big "puddle" my alternator gave up...truck would try to stall until it finally just crapped out...replaced the alt...everything is gravy now
Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #11

did i try to stall all the time or every so often because my truck only does this every couple of times.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudjunkie View Post
did i try to stall all the time or every so often because my truck only does this every couple of times.
every once in awhile until it finally succeeded at stalling...then it wasnt starting back up
Old 05-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

dunno

granted...my alt going bad also brought on other symptoms...tach didnt work...neither did the radio...or temp gauge...

been in a lot of mud?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

unless someone else has a better suggestion as the cause...id prob get it tested
Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #18
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds to me like you got water in your gas tank or fuel lines. If I was you, I would immediately go to the gas station and pick up some of that fuel treatment for water....couple dollars, problem fixed.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #20
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
could a wet sensor cause this?