1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Dealer is crazy!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Slick8810, May 16, 2009.

1. May 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    fwiw, the dealer only gave me 8500 for my 01 4 runner limited with 105K miles on it. once a vehicle hits 100000K they have a hard time financing it and they are worth way less then. A carmax by me wanted 14,000 for an 03 offroad tacoma, in manual with 100K miles. I believe it was an access cab. They offered me 6K for my 4 runner. they want to get rich selling them but want to hose the trades in. dealers suck.

2. May 17, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    The dealer didn't did not debate what to offer you for 30 minutes. They knew immediately. This is a time worn dealer tactic of simply making the mark (uh, customer) wait, and wait, and wait...the idea is to keep you in the dealership as long as possible. They want you to get tired. Did I say I hate auto dealers? They are dishonest and amoral/immoral. Hard sales tactics, again and again. Potential new customers are simply marks to manipulate. I've never understood how car dealers could attend Church on Sundays.

3. May 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    edwinalink

edwinalink robo-ninja

Member:
    utah
    Vehicle:
    Soma Groove
    Its a bicycle.
    and that is why I will NEVER deal with Cutrubus... I've worked for several. but they're the worst (around here) with Larry H miller a close second, and ken garff the least evil... at least for new dealers....

used i just go to henry clay, they're great!

Products Discussed in

To Top